2. Teenagers

----------Wednesday----------

(-Andrew POV-)
"Hey mate!" Tommy's familiar voice calls out, pulling me out of my thoughts. "Oh-. morning.. Tom" I greet, breathing heavily, his eyes now mustering me quite confused. "You sound like you ran a mile dude- what happened?" He questions, looking almost worried. "I didn't hear my alarm and I thought I'd be late, so I uhm- ran like my life depended on being in time" I mumble, calming down while reaching for my water bottle. "Can we go inside, please? I already ran past three teachers and my mental health can't handle another 'Are you okay?' from a goddamm teacher" I groan, moving the tip of the water bottle towards my lips. "Yeah, sure we only have two minutes left anyway" The blonde nods, watching me down some of the water I was holding. "Let's go-" I put the bottle back into my bag, before starting to follow Tommy into the school building in front of us.

"Oi Andy-" Tommy whispers to me, while keeping his eyes on our math book. "What now, Tommy?" I roll my eyes, guessing he'll tell me some random unnecessary fact about whales or a definitely not funny joke about women. "Down Mary's will be a party tonight" He mumbles, waiting for my reaction. "And?" I ask, fidgeting with the pen in my hand. "How about we-" He starts.

"No"
"What 'No'? I haven't even told you what I meant"
"Everything to do with party, women and Tommy is a bad idea"
"You suck-." "Please?"

"Can't you go to a party alone?" I groan, writing down the answer for the math task, I was trying to focus on. "Firstly, that's wrong- and secondly, because you're my best friend" Tommy brings in, making me sigh. "I will go with you, but-" "Finally" Tommy interrupts "Let me talk, goddamm-. But I will leave at half past ten" I continue, peaking over at Tommy's sheet. "Fine-.. Excuse me? What do you think you're doing?" He gasps, laughing quietly at his own gesture and use of words.
"I'm copying your answers" I replie, scooting closer to his sheet of paper.
"Well, I see that but the 'can't you do that alone'?" He copies my voice, laughing in response. "Mister Simons! Quiet!" Miss. Jensen exclaims from across the room, making me almost burst out laughing at the way Tommy's eyes widened in embarrassment.
"Karma, I'd say-" I whisper, Tommy looking at me annoyed in response.

"You must've seen your face when miss. Jenson yelled your name! You full on went embarrassed mode and then your-" I stop, almost bumping into a person I didn't process was walking past me. "Sorry- Oh hey Andrew! I can call you Andrew, right?" The person greets me, making me look into the familiar pair of brown eyes. Mr. Gold. "Hey- um, yeah that's fine with me" I replie, Tommy listening from beside us. "Because of the concert- I asked my friend and he's completely fine with you showing up at his bar, you can also invite your friend, I assume your name was Tommy? Is that correct?" Mr. Gold asks, looking in Tommy's direction. "Yes that's my name-" Tommy mumbles confused, giving me a weird look. "Okay then see you guys tomorrow and oh- Andrew maybe look up when you walk" He chuckles, before his eyes went back to the direction he was facing before I had bumped into him. "See you-" I replie, watching the familiar tall guy walk out of sight. "So hold up- yesterday you told me you didn't like him and now he talks about going to a concert with you??? What the hell did I miss?" Tommy complains, his eyes mustering me reproachfully. "You didn't miss out on anything we just have the same music taste, that's all" I replie, shrugging my shoulders. "That's all?? Which normal student wants to go to a concert with their teacher?" The blonde questions, raising his eyebrow. "William's alright" I say, covering my mouth afterwards, regretting to even call him by his first name, because I knew Tommy would go completely nuts. "I mean Mr. Gold" I correct, uncovering my mouth again.
"What the actual fuck.. William?
spit out everything that happened yesterday. Now" Tommy looks at me, almost forcing me to speak.
"Chill your overprotective ass-. Okay, uhm- Well, you went to the bathroom right? At the skatepark?" I say, starting to explain. "Come to the point where he invited you to a concert" Tommy says, crossing his arms.
"You remember my music box was playing? And well yeah Los Campesinos started playing at the moment he walked up to me, so I drew attention to the sweater he wore and then he told me about the concert and boom now you know what happened" I continue, giving Tom an awkward smile. "I am so confused man" He answers, covering his face. "So he invited you because you listened to Los Campesinos?" Tommy continues, making his face visible again. "Yes and because I said I enjoyed their music" I add, looking at him. "Okay, you're not going, right?-" He says. "Why? it'll be fun!" I smile, looking at his rather surprised face. "He's a teacher, don't you remember?" Tommy reminds, clearing his throat. "And? He's a person too? It's only his job- oh c'mon, it's because he's a rather young teacher, isn't it?" I groan, crossing my arms as well. "Well- concerts lead to drinks and drinks lead to stupid actions, you can't trust some people Andy" Tommy says, rubbing the back of his head. "He's nice, Tommy" I repeat. "Stop worrying, please" I continue, giving him a small smile. "Okay, fine you're probably right" He nods, smiling back.