Chapter two: The plan

"Are you serious?" Adam looked amazed "you actually got him to talk?"

On their way pick Adam, Blue contemplated on how Adam will see it, her and Gansey alone in the car, and for a split second there she thought he was going to get mad at them, but he hasn't. Her hands were so far away from Gansey's, and she embraced herself, deep in her own thoughts.

"Blue, have you been listening to what I said?" he asked softly as Gansey pulled away from Adam's workplace. She didn't, but also, she didn't want to admit so.

"I think Ronan would agree to do it, but I really don't want him to. Sometimes, I forget he is a child just like us" he continued.

Gansey agreed with Adam, "so we will have to call the gray man" he said which finally caught Blue's attention.

"What? Why?"

"Because we don't want to kill Glendower, though we might have to"

"Oh," she said, "I don't want Ronan to kill him either, why would we have to kill him?" she felt protective of the king she will find, on the king she will save – she preferred not to slay him.

"Cabeswater wants him dead," said Adam.

"I don't know, Adam, that sounds fishy to me. Gardening and fixing the forest is one thing, but killing on its behalf, sounds too much".

"Devilish deal" agreed Gansey "yet Cabeswater never failed us".

"I think we should first find Glendower and only then decide" said Gansey in his authoritarian voice.

"I think you should not be apart of 'we' when he is found" said Blue "particularly since we got from a reading saying you will die if you find him-".

"He said 'there will be nothing left of me'-" corrected Gansey.

"Don't you dare, Gansey, you know exactly what it means-"

"Jane, there is nothing else for me to do. There is nothing else I want to do".

Blue wanted to shout at him that he should, that now his life is really at danger. He was only human not like Ronan, Adam, and her. But he called her "Jane" and she was so annoyed she was no longer in the mood to argue with him. She was also offended that he thought he has nothing else in the world, was she that unsignificant to him?

It was lucky they were close to Monmouth Manufacturing since the rest of the drive was quiet and full of side looks. When they reached the entrance, Noah showed up at the entrance.

"Noah!" Gansey called happily "haven't seen you in a while".

But Blue looked carefully at Adam when he whispered, "You are right, Gansey will not be safe, we'll find a plan without him". It was more satisfying to hear Adam say she is right, because he rarely spoke but when he did, you can be sure he dedicated many thoughts to the matter.

"Parrish!" Ronan shouted from the kitchen, "you better hurry if you want some avocado pizza" they climbed into the kitchen when Ronan addressed Blue too "Sargent, there is some for you too, though you don't look like the type to eat interesting things". She smiled, he was right, she thought very little of avocado pizza.

"I'll eat her avocados" said Gansey "so if you want, you can eat a regular pizza".

"I might like to eat my slice with avocado" she said, but she didn't and Gansey ate them for her.