and this ends in blood.

look like the innocent flower,
but be the serpent under it.

— lady macbeth, macbeth,
act i, scene v . . .

there's this blood on my hands..

and it isn't mine.

the house of hades is built off of lies, blood, and deceit

of lies, blood, and deceit.

she is no exception.

RECOMMENDATIONS!
dark mode
font: trebuchet ms
font size: smallest

summary . . .

she waits. she sits and waits. she watches the dark world go by, biding her time. she listens to the echoes of the screaming and lost souls that bounce along the black bricks that made up the palace. she lets the scents of pomegranate and other fruits flow into her nose, the feeling reminding her of the simpler days when she was simply the goddess of spring. she longs to be out of this hell, she longs to be able to feel the sun and the grass on her skin. she longs to be home.

she waits, until it's her time. it's like a clicking within her. her time in the underworld had come to its end. it brings joy to her, though part of her said it shouldn't. she can't help it. she's tired of the lies and deception and the blood that dealt with the cthonic gods. it runs rampant, too much for her liking. she hates it, even though part of her knows that by going to the lands above, she's not escaping it. she can't help it though; part of her was still relieved she'd be able to go home.

she says her goodbyes. there's a sense of sadness to it, but it doesn't stop her. this is what she wants. it's what she needs.

the moment she steps onto the lands above, spring welcomes her home. it hums with life. she's back! she's back! the wildlife says. her dark hair turns into a warm brown, and her eyes turn a vibrant green, much different from the washed out array of colors it once was. her skin, that was once a deathly pale, seems to have more life in it. her dress is like the essence of spring itself, flowers blooming onto the fabrics. she feels a nice warmth on her skin, which was unlike the blistering heat of the underworld.

her spring has returned. she has returned. the goddess of springtime has returned.

she often finds herself simply wandering the lands, taking in the sights. it's something that she missed. the landscapes of the underworld were nowhere near as captivating as the nature and wildlife above. she feels content here. it's where she belongs.