Chapter 2

1 year later.

I looked at my watch. 5:24 am it read.
I won't get back to sleep any time soon, I'll just start getting everything ready, I hopped in the shower, quickly scrubbing my body and washing my hair. I got out, wrapping myself in a towel I went to the mirror and did my makeup, applying the bare minimum, then started getting dressed into my uniform, as I pulled my shirt on I saw the long scar on my back, reminding me of the spinal hernia that that night gave me. I tug down my white shirt, making sure that my black skirt is below my fingertips, abiding by the dress code. I pull in my socks before grabbing brush and yanking it through my thick hair. I put it back down on my side table and grab my bag, slowly going down the stairs, gripping the handrail with one hand.

Once I'm down stairs I stop and breathe a bit, catching my breath, I normally find everything else easier but stairs are the hardest for me, I don't know why.

I go to the kitchen table, hanging my bag on the back of my chair, and going over to the fridge, getting the stuff out for pancakes. Putting some batter onto the pan I let it slowly cook while I get everyone's lunch boxes out and start putting stuff in them, it's much more easier to make them then handing out
lunch money to everyone.
I continue to make them, flipping the pancakes every so often and adding more batter to the pan.
By the time I've finished it's 6:30,
I put the lunches in everyone's bags, the pink lunchbox for Eva and the blue one for Evan, they are both twins at 8 years old the green one for Cole who's 13, the clear one for Axel and the yellow one for Logan who are both 16 then finally the grey one for me. It's now 6:40 I gravy my phone from its charger and sit on the couch looking through my messages from my friends, all excited for the new school year, once I've checked all of them I go onto instagram.

A message comes through my phone, a reminder to take my medicine. It helps me move around easier and without much pain. I put the pills in my mouth, washing them down with water.

I go back upstairs, knocking on Logan's door, I open it go in and nudging him awake. He sits up and looks at me mumbling " yeah, yeah, scarlet I'm up," before standing up and going to his shared bathroom to get ready. I do the same to Axel but as Logan is already in the bathroom showering he bashes into the door when it doesn't open. " Axel Logan's already in there, go in mine." He grumbles something about Logan hogging the bathroom then grabs his stuff and goes into my bathroom to get ready.

Next I go to Coles room, he is colourblind so some of his stuff doesn't match but I don't mind, I love him just the same, " Cole, time to wake up," he shoots up, jumping out of bed, getting his stuff and running to the bathroom that he shares with the younger twins." Gotta get there before them," he mumbles to himself, I chuckle at him.

Then I go to wake up the other twins. " wakey, wakey Eva and Evan" I sing, they slowly get out of bed while I lie down their clothes to get into on the floor. " I'm gonna go downstairs, whoever gets dressed the quickest gets an extra pancake!" I say before going down stairs, I hear them giggle, probably them getting dressed at the same time so they both get an extra pancake.

Once I'm downstairs I put the pancakes in the microwave, warming them up while I set the table.
When the microwave dings I put the pancakes on everyone's plates. Eva and Evan run down stairs, both at the same time " we're dressed!" they say at the same time " extra pancake for each of you then" I say, putting an extra pancake on their plates.
" Though, before you start eating can you go and tell your brothers to come down,"
" ok!" They say.

Soon everyone is downstairs at the table eating. " So, is everyone ready for the new school year?"
I get a reply of 'yeses' from around the table.

Once everyone is ready to go we load into the car driving off to school. Our school goes from pre- K to year 12, the last year of high school. Parking I ask the twins to show Cole the office and help him get his timetable from the office while I drop the twins off.

I hold a had of each twin, Eva holding my left hand while Evan holding my right hand.
I drop them off at their classroom, they are both in the same class this year." After school stay here and I'll pick you up ,"
" ok Scarlett " they reply.

Going into the nurses office I drop off my pills and Logan's inhaler. I go to the office to get my timetable.
I stand in the line, it slowly moves up; finally getting to me.
" name please darling" the office person says, her name tag reads Cheryl
" Scarlett Fern" I reply
She types on her keyboard before turning over to the printer to pass me my timetable.
I head off to my first class which is English.