𝙸𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚍𝚞𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗

Keywords:

MCSM - Minecraft Story Mode

AU - Alternate Universe

Welcome to yet another MCSM AU idea that was created once again, back in 2018. Now the story behind this one I think isn't as exciting as my other AU's but hey, it's something that stuck with me for this long, I have to write about it. So to start off, what is this AU?

Well to put it in simple terms, this is a Minecraft Story Mode High School AU, but with a twist. Like other High School AU's I've seen with Minecraft Story Mode, the time period that most of the stories take place in is modern times, like today. With this AU, this isn't the case.

What if our beloved characters attended High School, but this was set back in the 1980s 

Interesting and weird concept, am I right? 

Well, maybe to some of you it is. Not everyone doesn't have to like the idea, but to me, it is quite interesting. This leads to the question of when and what inspired me to do this High School AU.

Back in 2018 like I said, (By the way, I call 2018 the year of the AU's because I had a lot of ideas for MCSM alternate universes during that year.) I created this High School AU not long after my Fullmetal Alchemist inspired AU, which you may know the title as "Iron Hearted"

This AU back then in its early days was called "80's Chronicles" and the reason for that title was It was built on the idea of another "What If" idea. The idea that originally sparked this story I think was "What if Minecraft Story Mode characters lived in the 1980s?" And since then, the story was spawned. 

The earliest concept art for 80's Chronicles I could find was this art piece I did back in August of 2018:

Every time I go back to old art, it honestly makes me cringe, but here is the most recent art I did for this AU (It's Jesse of course):

Yeah, I would call that improvement if I ever saw it. But yes, this is the current art progression for this AU. Now, back to the origin story of this AU.

What inspired me to do this AU specifically was for a couple of major reasons. First, my mom was a person who grew up during this time period, and I was and still am fascinated with retro things too, like technology, music, or anything to do with being historical. I can't lie either that Stranger Things was also an inspiration for this AU as well.

80's Chronicles was the name for this story for nearly 4 years before I finally changed the name to "Radical Decade" to fit the story a bit more, and I'm glad that I changed it to that.  

I am not sure what else to say about this AU, but how special this idea is to me, especially when I just graduated this year from High School (Class of 2022) and now I am in my first year of college, living the life. It's funny how I started this idea back when I just finished middle school, and now I'm writing about it after I graduated high school.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this High School 80's Alternate Universe thing as much as I enjoyed developing it for the past 4 years. Yes, this means that this is a work-in-progress thing, as so are my other stories that I will publish here. As for more planned stories based on this AU, I am still thinking about it if I want to do it or not.

Besides that, here is the Alternate Universe, formerly known as "80's Chronicles" but is now called, "Radical Decade"

This story is dedicated to my Mother and my Aunt. The ones who raised me around the culture of this wonderful decade, and passed the love down to a Generation Z kid, like me.