[ 1 : SPELLS FIRED ]

The quartet stared in awe of the esteemed school of Parfaedia, even Wizard cookie was amazed! The school was a big building, it had pristine sugar brick walls and big, heavy dark chocolate doors. The windows were thin, but tall. They were like the cherry on top, making the institute look even more professional and stylish.

"Woah...IT'S SO BIG!!" Gingerbrave said loudly, looking as if he had stars in his eyes. "I-is Latte cookie sure we can go here?" Strawberry stuttered, unsure about all the new cookies she'd meet. "It's quite sophisticated..."

"Why, this is fit for a king!" Custard said proudly, making his way up the stairs of the entrance. "I, Custard cookie III, am grateful to share my precious presence with this great school!" He boasted at the top.

"Such blind words for an eight-year-old.." Wizard cookie remarked, going up the stairs with Gingerbrave and Strawberry following suit. "Eight and a HALF!" Custard scoffed, puffing out his cheeks. "Yeah, yeah whatever." The mage mumbled, pushing open the doors with ease.

"It looks so COOL!" Gingerbrave suddenly squealed, causing a couple stares to face his way. Wizard turned around and put a finger to his lips, receiving a sheepish smile from Gingerbrave.

"Alright, we need to get our schedules. I do believe Latte cookie said she would hand them to us." Wizard lead the group, walking down the halls calmly. "How can you be so calm, Wizard cookie?" Gingerbrave asked, still looking around at the halls as if they were mounds of free jellies.

"I don't except too much from this school," Wizard cookie began. "I'm not to excited because I presume I will know half of the curriculum." Wizard cookie paused at the entrance to Latte's office, causing Gingerbrave to bump into him and custard to stumble back.

As Wizard cookie reached for the door, it suddenly flew open, revealing an eccentric Latte cookie. "Welcome, welcome! Oh my you all are so grown up." Latte cooed, custard posing proudly. "Thank you for the suggestion, Latte." Wizard cookie said, slightly bowing his head. "Oh my, you're very welcome!" The cookie replied, smiling.

A drawer was opened, four papers slipping out. "Here you go, loves! Don't have too much fun without me." Latte winked happily, ushering the quartet out the door.

The door clicked behind the group, as silence overgrew them all. Gingerbrave flipped the paper to different angles. "Yeah...I don't understand anything on this." He finally said, Wizard struggles and failed to keep in a giggle.
.
.
.
"C'mon Wiz..." Gingerbrave pleaded to the mage, whining.

"No." The cookie deadpanned, jerking his head away from his friend. "You dug your own grave, now you gotta lay in it." Wizard said. He would cross his arms, but Gingerbrave was holding tightly onto the arm of his robe, not giving signs of letting go anytime soon.

"It's not my fault school's boring!" The cookie whined again, pulling down on Wizard's sleeve, causing him to stumble. "Gingerbrave, let me go." Wizard stubbornly said, tugging at his robe.

Ignoring Wizard's plead, Gingerbrave continued on with his begging and whining. "You always give me the answers in class! Why not this one last time?" The cookie pleaded, trying his best shot at puppy eyes. "Kind of hard to agree when you said that last test." Wizard spat, a light, warm feeling tingling upon his cheek.

Gingerbrave groaned in exasperation, Wizard rolled his eyes. "You should be used to this by now!" He said. "We've been in school for a month, yet you're still coming to me every time you have a test." Wizard said, trying to sound stern but failing to hold a chuckle as he remembered Gingerbrave's last test.

"You're no fun.." Gingerbrave pouted, still tugging on Wizard's robe. Finally, Wizard sighed. "If you're that desperate, go ask strawberry." He said with exasperation. "I'm busy."

Suddenly, Gingerbrave's eyes lit up. "Wiz, you're a genius!" He said, bouncing up. Finally, Gingerbrave let go of Wizard's sleeve. (To the mage's relief) Before Gingerbrave turned to torture Strawberry with his pleads, he stared at Wizard with a wide, cheeky smile on his face.

"What?" The cookie replied with confusion, cocking his head to the left. Gingerbrave quickly knocked Wizard's hat off with a 'flick'. "Hey, my hat!" Wizard shrieked with surprise, quickly turning to stare at his hat, now on the floor.

Before Wizard could lean to pick it up, Gingerbrave rushed off to strawberry's room, giggling. One Wizard got his hat back on, he let out a groan at Gingerbrave's childish behavior. He closed the door albeit roughly, locking the door. Wizard turned around sharply, sliding his back down the door and smacking his head on it with a thump.

His hands hid his face, as it was flushed with a light pink. 'God damn it,' he thought 'the spell's in effect again..' Wizard rubbed his temples.

Recently, Wizard felt...weird. He was all jittery around a certain cookie, and he always found himself smiling underneath his snow scarf. He was certain Gingerbrave had put some sort of spell on him while he was asleep, the guy would always be a little prankster sometimes.

The "spell" almost hurt, it always made his stomach churn in an interesting way. Wizard had been trying for about three weeks to figure out which spell was cast upon him, but questions always remained without answers, and Wizard was growing uncomfortable.

'Since when did Gingerbrave learn spells anyway?' The mage thought to himself, removing his cold hands from his surprisingly warm face. 'Possibly stole one of my books.' He concluded after a minute.

"Ugh this is so stupid." Wizard suddenly groaned aloud. "I just want the spell to wear off already." He whispered, blush growing slightly in hue. Weirdly, the cookie had a feeling it would, in fact, not wear off any time soon.
—————————
[976 words]