PROLOGUE

It was a bad storm. 

The harsh wind whirled in his face as he was desperate to get back. 

He was caught in a snow storm, he hated the cold! But he had to make it back. 

Inosuke trudged through the heavy snow, he felt as if his feet were becoming ice cubes. All he needed to do was take it back to him, and he'd be okay.

'Curse you, Douma. You knew how bad of a storm this would be.' Inosuke screamed in his head. 

Inosuke frequently tripped on twigs along the way, and hit his head on rocks. His ears made an unpleasant ringing sound in his head as he felt nauseous. 

His fingertips were already blue. A reaction to the temperature. 

His red and black turtleneck was his only source of warmth, along with his black, oversized coat.

Inosuke's eyelids got heavy as he struggled to stay awake. He felt like giving up and instead get carried the rest of the way there.

Crimson colored blood mixed into the snow as he dragged his deceased victim for the uppermoon to eat. 

Inosuke's own blood boiled. If he passed out right here when he's so far away from a village, who would find him? 

Inosuke couldn't think properly anymore, he eyelids got heavier and he pushed his weight on his two freezing feet. His eyes closed as he fell to the ground along with the lifeless woman beside him.

**** 

Inosuke gasped loudly as he shot up from the comfortable cushion under him. Where was he? Where was Douma? 

What happened?