For You | chapter 6

"and y'all niggas keep dissin da oy"

Melodys pov
sumthin don't feel right. i feel eyes. i look around at ilani,dot,notti and dd as we walk to my house. nobody lookin at me.

i checked my outer surroundings like the cars passing by and the people on the street and no one is paying me any mind.

right as i was about to shake the feeling off i noticed a black car riding slowly behind us. now i'm not dumb. y'all not dumb.

what we think finna happen. the car sped up a lil and all four windows rolled down. this shit feels so slow motion that it hurts. why shit going so damn slow.

my eyes widened at the sight "yall it's a drive by get down!" i yelled. i think i yelled. my head was spinning though.

i watched notti ddot and ilani duck but dd didn't. "huh" he raised his eyebrows at me.

"yo dd get the fuck down" i pushed him with all my force and he wouldve fell face first if his hands ain't reach  out to stop his face from hitting the concrete. we ducked down on the ground as they started shooting as they rode past.

once they passed by us i pulled dd by his collar up while the rest of them stood up with common sense. i gripped his shirt tighter as he we ran into the ally between buildings and stopped where no one could see.

ilani arrived a little bit after us. she ran the slowest but as long as she okay that didn't matter. we was all breathing hard as hell from running and i know they hearts was beating just as fast as mine.

the only thing that could be heard was our heavy breaths. "can you.." dd took a deep breath "let go of my shirt. you choking me" he said steadying his breath.

"fuck i'm sorry" i let go of his shirt taking a gulp. i walked over to notti and dot "yall alright?" i grabbed notti face and arms checking for scrapes and injuries and then doing the same with dot.

"yeah we good" ddot nodded his head. i know dd don't like me but i still got make sure he alright. i turned my head towards him "you okay dd? i'm sorry if i pushed you too hard i panicked" i said feeling bad.

"nah he probably would've got shot if it wasn't for you, considering ilani ain't do shit" notti jumped in. "ethan this is not the time to be rude, every man for themself." i scolded.

i'm starting to sound like someone moms what the hell. "you say that but you was the one to get dd to the ground" dot smacked his teeth.

i rolled my eyes. "let's just take the long way home between the buildings to stay out of the opening." i said shaking my head.

"follow me" i got infront of everyone

DD's povwhen we got back to mel's house ddot and her went in her room to watch 'Boyz n the hood' i guess it was something they decided at the park

DD's pov
when we got back to mel's house ddot and her went in her room to watch 'Boyz n the hood' i guess it was something they decided at the park.

me,notti and ilani sat on the couch with e. "so y'all tellin me it was a drive by" edot said getting caught up with everything .

"yeah i guess some opps was spinning the block and they would have got our ass if melody hadn't noticed" notti answered taking a hit from the blunt.

"yeah man..melody is not really good with those" e shook his head. "what you mean" i asked curiously and watched ilani look at me with a disgusted face. e took the blunt from notti and faced me.

"our moms died from a drive by, melody made it her mission to all be able to feel when that type of thing is bout to go down. you know? to prevent it happening " edot said passing the blunt to me.

that crazy. i really feel like i owe so much to her for pushing me out of the way. she won't even look at me though. i think she feel bad for pushing me so hard but the reality is that's nothin compared to being shot or possible death.

the fact that after checking to make sure everyone was alright including me, it was like it never happened to her.

"so like i was saying at the park, for your birthday are we gonna do something by ourselves" ilani said disregarding the whole conversation i was having.

"wait what you mean you always are with us for your birthday yo"notti asked overhearing ilani.

"y'all always with him we never alone" ilani defended. "man i'm not finna listen to this bullshit" notti stood up walking to melody's room.

i sighed wishing i could leave this conversation too. "ilani just go home we can talk about this later" i placed my palm over my face.

"if i leave we're breaking up" she leaned back with a triumph look. "bye." i said standing up looking at the door. "what?" she questioned.

"i'm tired of you and you manipulative. i'm not really jackin you no more. i can really find better than you." i shrugged. "well where the fuck you goin" she asked.

"to watch boyz n the hood. the door is over there if you forgot." i walked away. "wait i wanna watch" e said jumping off the couch.

i heard ilani groan before the front door opened and closed.

Mel's pov

dd and e walked in my room and closed the door behind them sitting on the floor cause me notti and dot was taking up the bed.

"where ilani i questioned. "probably walking down the street crying" dd answered truthfully.

"yooooo" i laughed not expecting that answer. "what happened" i asked trynna contain my laugh.

"she wasn't the center of attention and caught a attitude" dd shrugged staring at me.

everybody went back to watching the movie. i drifted my eyes towards dd on the floor. just to see if he was a little hurt about ilani. i couldn't tell though cause he was already looking at me.