I

Trigger Warning: Dark themes are brought up in this chapter. I'll add another trigger warning before the scene, and another once it's safe to resume reading for those who wanna skip it. Readers, please read with discretion! Love y'all 🙏🏾

...

Normani sighs softly against Megan's lips as the older woman straddling her lap grinds slowly, and deliberately against her crotch.

Normani's hands roam her lover's body, mapping out every inch with the upmost care, from her full chest, to her sides, to the small of her back, until they settle on her round behind covered by a pair of cotton booty shorts. Normani grips the globes in her manicured hands, causing the woman above her to moan, but she never squeezes her too tight. Normani is gentle like that.

As Summer Walker's Switch a Nigga Out continues to play through the car stereo, the bass hitting nicely and setting the right mood, Normani feels the tension between the two of them grow all the more thicker.

Normally I'm quick to switch up my playlist
In my mind, I'll pack my bag and don't say shit
I got what it takes to say this
I got all the plays and I played it out like this
I, I, I wanted to save this
I, I, I want us to make it
I'll trade it all for you, oh

Normani and Megan had just gone out to see a movie and grab dinner, a rather typical night for the pair. They'd been discreet and eaten somewhere casual of course, not wanting to draw too much attention to themselves in fear of being found out by fans or paparazzi.

This is a rather common concern for the two young women. The vultures with cameras hide out everywhere in the streets of Los Angeles. Maybe this makes them naïve, but Megan and Normani long for something private; something that can be kept just between the two of them while they figure things out. This thing between them is new, different. They don't know how outside forces will change everything, as they always do.

Being the hard workers they are, Megan and Normani simply want some time alone together; time when they can cling to the moments it feels like they're the only ones in the world. After hotboxing the young dancer's Aston Martin, the pair are doing exactly that while parked in the roundabout driveway of Normani's family home, or mansion, rather.

Normani's father is Denzel Hamilton, deemed godfather of Southern hip-hop, and current head of the biggest music label in the world, Hightown Records. He signed Megan, also known as Megan Thee Stallion, to his label three years ago. After discovering her on soundcloud, he's a major reason why the twenty four year old rapper is where she is today. With the pull he has, he can make a star overnight, and he's done it many times.

Denzel is married to Normani's mother, Angela Hamilton. She was a famed Southern beauty pageant queen back in her hay day, and today, she's an Academy Award winning actress. Normani's older sister is Solana, also known as SZA, also known as princess of R&B, also known as Megan's best friend. The twenty-five year old has made a name for herself separate from their father's after a slew of successful singles, albums, and worldwide tours.

It's safe to say Normani's family is important. Sometimes, the twenty year old regrets her decision to stay more low key than the rest of her family, keeping her name out the press and her face off the internet for the most part. She often feels small around them, like what she does doesn't matter compared to their major accomplishments. But on nights like these, on nights when all she wants to do is be with Megan, and feel close to her, she appreciates the thin veil of anonymity.

"Baby..." The young woman's moans sound like a warning when Megan bites down on her lower lip, lowering her head to trail sentimental kisses down the smooth skin of her lover's neck.