•5•

Lilah

"Fine, but I need to go over some things with you guys first."

"What is it Lilah?" Emily sat beside me, brushing her hair back.

"Most often when it's a team, one will be more dominant and the other more submissive. Cairn is the dominant of the two. They use drugs to knock people out and take them." I tapped my fingers on the table, closing my eyes for a moment. "They'll blend in. You have my drawings but I was fifteen when they looked like that, so they may not be completely accurate."

"That's okay Lilah, we have the basis, we can have Aether age your drawings a bit to get a better idea of what they might look like." Emily nodded, tying her hair back. "I'll start to get the press conference planned." She stood and walked out.

"So what's our plan here?" Salmon looked over to me from his spot against the wall.

"During the press conference, we show the drawings once Aether ages them. Give the people a line to call. Then it'll hopefully either get people to call in if they see them, or it'll piss the two of them off, and they'll call themselves. If that is what happens, I will take the call and barter a trade. If they agree to it, which I imagine they will, we'll set up a meeting place. Make sure you're all there, hidden so that we can take them."

"There is one fault to that plan Lilah." Slamon walked over, sitting on the edge of the table. "What about the possibility that we somehow fail to catch them, and they take you?"

"Then I guess it's left in your hands." I looked around at my teammates. "Although it is something I'd though of." I brought my hand up to my ear, taking out my earring. "I always wear the same ones at work. Both of them have small trackers in them, practically invisible unless you know what you're looking at. Aether will be able to have my exact location should it come to that."

I leaned into the wall, my fingers drumming against my arm as Soot stood, walking over. "Are you sure you're willing to put your life on the line like this?" He asked. "Lilah I know you fear these men, are you sure you can handle it if they do manage to take you again somehow?"

"I'll be fine." I looked up at him, swallowing my fear as I watched him nod faintly.

Please let this go to plan-

The next day, I was behind a podium, reporters and the like in front of me. I hated it, as I greatly disliked people but I knew I had to do it.

As soon as I was given the cue, I began to speak. "My team from the Behavioral Analysis Unit would like to request the assistance of those of you watching. We currently have the names of our top two suspects, and drawings of what they may look like. Their names are Cairn and Gale, last names unknown. If you see these two men, or believe you have any knowledge as to where they may be, please reach out. My team is doing all we can, and we understand any frustration you may have at this moment. But please, remember that we will do everything in our power to apprehend our killers." I looked to the reporters in front of me. "At this moment I will be taking no questions." I stepped away and started walking back inside.

I never made it to the door.

As soon as I was out of sight from the crowd, I felt hands on me, one over my mouth and an arm wrapped around my torso.

By the time I processed what was happening and reached for my gun, I'd already felt a sharp pain in my neck, the world seeming like it was spinning.

Fuck fuck fuck-

"Leave her badge and gun." I only had time to register Cairn's voice before everything seemed to go dark.

((A little sloppy but