Chapter Nine - Roberkins Mansion

The masked woman gripped the stick closely, their ankles smashed together near the end of the broom as the air flew past them once more. The sensations of the colors brightening and the gleaming presence that faded as they lifted forward. It is truly a treat to leave that place anyway, now on to the next trip, that promises to be more inviting than the previous one. Nothing was certainly new at that tower, except for the fact that it felt like a fever dream, as the name would suggest, but in the words of the first. 

When they returned for the servant, they felt regretful, guilty, and selfish in a way that they should've known better. Evie went in the direction he warned her not to go, spite of the fact that the reasons for his word were grim and untrue in their record. This would sound painfully familiar. 

They walked around the garden's entrance, welcomed by a bright blue aura supplemented by darkness that gradually evolved violet. A group of shards rest on the concrete flats, all shiny and glittery from the shining light through them. Evie stared at the bright grass, tickling their skin before moving around to explore the green color more intimately. The melody inside was warm, grateful for a stranger's long-term presence. Everything continued when they passed out to strike a man haunted to the control of a beast. 

It's unclear how everything ended at their story, starting to hear the door close and the engine sounds fade away. They didn't hear their own name spoken to them.

Evie could hear the ringing sound luring them closer, seeing a special material that they could seize for the brunette's benefit. Darryl mentioned collecting three; therefore, they will comply for any reason.

What arose to be large, crystal Yellow Carnations floating in the dazzling air that flourished livelier as they touched. Their incentive persuaded them to grab it, delicately holding it like a small kitten.

"H-Hello?"

A young man's voice caught their attention, and they carefully placed the item inside their pouch with a light pat on the texture. Evie stood around and waited as they took a stand. "Hey! You're the one with the mask!" These constant tales really need to stop. 

"I'm down here! Right here!"

They were looking at a unique flower, not a generic flower. A face that spoke softly, almost sweetly, coupled with the fact that it was feared for chaos. The flower obviously flinched and shook when they knelt in front of the giant comparison. Did they really look like a giant to them? "Hello, there. Are you...are you the one who was summoned here?"

They nod, and he sighed with relief, "oh...that's nice to hear. My name is Flora. You see, I've been trapped here for...I don't know how long I was here, but you gotta help me. I want to be out of here. He lied to you about everything! He wanted you to avoid me! I'm not lying! I'm not!" 

Evie reached their hand, petting his petals. He didn't seem to mind it. "I-I...I don't have anything else to do. I don't have anyone else. I-I just want to be with someone. Anyone. Please.."

His voice broke, sobbing quietly. "Please...be my friend...p-please..."