"I have a late night shift tonight," Felix whined sadly, swiveling on the desk chair in front of his phone.

He and Hyunjin were FaceTiming since it had been about two days since they last saw each other. They were both extremely busy with their schedules and jobs getting in the way. Hyunjin had been swept up at the law firm he had just started working at not too long ago and Felix was caught up in his internship at the new computer graphics program he signed up for and so neither of them had been able to talk. It was Friday afternoon though, after their day jobs were over and they could finally take a breather to talk to each other.

"How late are we talking?"

"I get out after midnight," he answered and Hyunjin whistled.

"Damn, sucks to suck," he laughed.

"You're mean and unhelpful," Felix pouted and Hyunjin only laughed harder over the FaceTime call.

"Thank you, I do try," he ran his fingers through his blond hair. "Why do you keep getting the night shift anyway? I thought that was for the overnight workers."

"I had to switch with someone because they're on maternity leave," Felix explained.

"You'll never catch me working at a supermarket. It just sounds so boring," Hyunjin tsked.

"Trust me, it is," Felix sighed pitifully. The freckled-boy himself had only been working at the supermarket because while the internship was beneficial to having a future in computer graphics as well as a great job opportunity at the company, it did not pay much as an intern and Felix needed to pay his bills.

"I do trust you, that's why I'm telling you I'm never doing it. I've seen enough from your shifts alone."

"Well, at least I look cute in my green apron. You'd look like a green onion with your long legs and blond head," Felix pursued his lips, biting back a laugh. Hyunjin gaped, before his mouth contorted into a smirk.

"I know you were trying to insult me, but you just took a jab at your own height," Felix blushed at his failed attempt.

"You're impossible."

"When does your shift start?" Felix leaned closer, tapping on his screen so the slim bar at the top would display the time. It read 4:03.

"In 57 minutes," he backed away so his face wasn't stupid close to the camera.

"Don't forget your scent blockers," Hyunjin's tone fell a bit more stern compared to their banter from earlier and Felix nodded sullenly, shivering at the memory.

Felix had been working another late night shift and he had chosen not to wear his scent blockers because they irritated his gland after a while and the omega felt uncomfortable the entire time, feeling almost like he couldn't breathe. It's not that the patches incapacitated his ability to breathe, it just felt that way since his own scent was masked.

Anyway, he hadn't worn them that day. He had said goodbye to one of the overnight maintenance workers nearby and had only made it a couple feet in direction of the bus stop when another man had stopped him, grabbing him roughly.

"What's a pretty unmated omega doing out so late?" Felix felt his blood run cold as the words had been hotly pressed against his ear. The omega felt like throwing up at the breath on the side of his face, the fingers pressed into his waist and the disgusting scent of the alpha filled his nose.

"Leave me alone," Felix had done his best to push at the guy but being an alpha meant that they naturally had more strength and Felix wasn't exactly one to workout so he wasn't strong enough to push him away.