Shapter 3

I awoke to a bump on the road that the car drove over. I sat up a little bit and noticed that Shikamaru and Neji had traded places driving and Neji was now sleeping. Tenten and Temari had fallen asleep too. I glanced at Gaara and noticed that he had not fallen asleep. "Why are you awake?" I whisper-asked, not wanting to wake the others. "Not tired," he whispered back. "How long have I been asleep?" "A few hours." I looked towards the front, where Shikamaru was driving. I got up and practically crawled up there. "What's up?" I whispered. "Driving." "Well no duh." He chuckled softly. "You know, I thought you were never going to wake up. You looked practically dead back there. You were out like a light."

 "Oh was I now?" He nodded. "Well, have fun driving." "Tch. No promises there." I smiled and crawled back to my seat. I sat in it and rested my head on Gaara's shoulder again. I saw him smile softly and he wrapped his arm around my shoulders. Shortly after, I found myself being succumbed to the wonders of sleep.

 (A/N: I originally wanted this to all be in Ashley's P.O.V...Oh you don't know who that is. The one that was telling the story so far. Anyways I couldn't figure a way to do that so I'll probably do other's P.O.V.)

Temari's P.O.V.  

   I awoke to darkness a few hours later. I noticed Neji and Shikamaru had changed seats. "Ugh...what time is it?" I asked. "About one in the morning," Shikamaru answered. I looked at him. I noticed Tenten had also fallen asleep. I looked behind me and smiled at the sight. Ashley had fallen asleep and her head was resting on Gaara's shoulder. Gaara had also fallen asleep and his head was resting on hers. "Aww...my baby brother is all grown up now," I said outloud. Shikamaru quickly glanced at me before gazing lazily back at the road. He laughed softly. "What's so funny?" "Nothing, 'Mari." I blinked at the affectionate nickname. I smiled softly before saying, "C'mon 'Maru-Channnn. Tell meeee." I saw him flinch at the cute nickname I gave him. I laughed softly.

  I know he thought it was funny because a small smile played at his lips. "Hey 'Mari?" "Yeah?" "Can I tell you something?" "Sure." "I love you 'Mari." I stopped there. 'Hold on...Hold on. HOLD ON. HOLD. ON. Did he just for real say that? Uhhh..shoot what do I say?' "I-I...I love you too, 'Maru." He smiled. I smiled back softly. "So...does this mean that we're..an item..now..?" I asked softly. He nodded. "That is..if you want us to be." I nodded. "I do.." I trailed off, looking at the sleeping Neji and then the sleeping Tenten. "Do you think..they like each other?" I asked. "They most likely do. I'll ask Neji later about it." I nodded. "I'll ask Tenten as well," I yawned. "Get some sleep, Tem." I nodded, finally drifting off.

Ashley P.O.V.

 When I awoke next, it was light out. I sat up and yawned. I screamed out as I stretched. Everybody in the car looked at me. "What?" I asked. "What was that?" Temari asked. "Uhh..me stretching?" My reply came out more as a question than an answer. Temari shook her head. "You're crazy." I grinned. "I know."

A/N: Well that was short. All well. I promise to make the next chapter longer but for now Ciao! For those who don't know Italian... PEACE!