August

"Salt air and the rust on your door, I never needed anything more. Whispers of "Are you sure?"
"Never have I ever before" But I can see us lost in the memory, august slipped away into a moment in time," Y/N sang while playing her guitar. She sat on her bedroom floor with hot, salty tears running down her now pink cheeks. She was almost ready for the record of her new album. She was going to the studio with her producer and her best friend in only two days. She had to practice because this album was going to have over 20 songs and she had to style them perfectly and train her high notes. Not to forget that some of her songs was just her playing the guitar or a piano so she had to do good.

"Cause it was never m-mine," Y/N stuttered. She dropped the guitar on the floor in front of her and curled into a ball next to the wall.

She had just been in her dad's funeral, who died just a day ago by a heart attack. And even worse, he was visiting her because he lived in NYC while Y/N, in LA. So basically, she found him on the floor next to the TV. She just went to get a glass of water for her father which she dropped after seeing him on the floor and it crushed to pieces.

At first she thought it was her fault. Only if she hadn't left to give him that water, he would've been there. But then she convinced herself that he was 96 years old. It just was his time and even if they somehow managed to save him, he wouldn't have any much longer.

Maybe it's for the best. She thought while trying to stop herself from having a total breakdown.

She soon stopped crying with the motivation of her upcoming interview with her best friends in three days. She was so excited to finally meet them again even tho it had been just 72 hours sincerely she last saw them, she just wanted to get away from all of that shit that was going on right now. She needed a distraction. And she thought that being with her crush since they ever met and her best friends, would be a pretty good one.

She smiled at the thought of Finn. He was gonna come to the studio in two days and then they were going to be sitting next to each other while getting interviewed with their other friends.

She just wanted to get away from everything going on.

—————
Y/N started getting ready because Finn was soon going to pick her up and the would go to the studio together, the producer waiting there.
She walked inside her walk-in closet and started looking at the part where she had sorted her everyday clothes which she could wear for when she went out. She basically had a million choices so to make it easier she always sounded a wheel on her phone with different colours and she would pick clothes from the colour that it landed on.

"Orange," she mumbled under her breath and turned to her closet and started styling. Her friends always said that she was very good at styling outfits and that her style was amazing. She kept looking until she finally got her outfit.

This is the look that she went for:

She put the clothes on and went outside to wait for her friend who arrived the second as she locked the door

"Hey," Y/N said as Finn got out of the car and she wrapped her arms around him tightly. "I'm sorry Y/N/N," Finn rubbed her back and tightened his grip on her. "I'll just try to get away from it today," Y/N sighed. "Okey, let's just get to the studio and forget about it," Finn opened the front door for me an and I got in, he walked around the car and got in to the driver seat.

*

"You ready?" Finn looked at Y/N and then back at the studio building. "I hope so," Y/N sighed and then walked in. They took the elevator to an upper level and then they walked to Y/N's studio room. "Hi!" Her producer said with joy. "Hello," Y/N and Finn said in sync. "Nice to meet you Mr. Wolfhard," he said with a bright smile. "I'm John," he said as they shook hands. "Nice to meet you too," said Finn nicely. "Also, I'm sorry," John looked at Y/N with a sad look. "It's fine honestly, I am happy that we're here because I'll get the chance to get it out of my head for at least a day," Y/N sighed with a sad smile.

John and Y/N had known each other for years. Even if both Y/N and John were 19, John got very lucky and succeeded. That's why he is a producer at an age that young. Y/N and John went to the same school, then high school and now, even the same college which they had a few years of left.

"Anyways, let's get started. I bet that we are going to be here the whole day anyways," John chuckled and Finn sat down on the sofa with Y/N and John.

They were now going to make a plan and discuss the whole Album and then, recording.

A/N

Sorry that this turned out short but I am gonna start on the next chapter now <3

Also sorry if it wasn't that good but I'm trying and I basically came up with everything while writing so I didn't really have a whole plan and stuff. I hope you enjoy <3

-Maggie <3