What Could Have Been

What if the shooting never happened?

Would C.J and Simon wind up together?

"Where is that damn shoe!!"

C.J in a great panic ran around her apartment searching for her other elegant ruby red heel. Simon would be there at any minute for their date and that was the only pair of shoes she had to match her dress, which was Simon's favorite, so there was no way she was going to change.

"Under the bed", C.J exclaimed as she staggered upstairs to look in the most obvious place.

Simon approached C.J's door holding the most extravagant bouquet of red roses and a small box. He softly knocked but there was no answer.

"C.J are you in there!" He shouted as he knocked a little more aggressive.

Standing there waiting he remembered that one night a couple months ago when C.J went a little overboard at the New Years Eve party and he offered to bring her home. Well carry her is more like it, she had passed out in his car. Anyway he knew where she hid her spare key. He reached down and picked up the little rabbit statue that C.J's key was taped under, and unlocked the door slowly calling her name.

"C.J are you home" he yelled up the stairs.

"Yea I will be ready in just a minute I can't find one of my shoes." C.J retorted back with complete embarrassment.

"C.J would you come down here I have something for you." Simon chuckled.

"No we cant go anywhere until I find my shoe."

"C.J just for a minute"

"OK Fine!"

A few seconds later C.J appeared at the top of the staircase. When Simon caught sigh of her he couldn't help but let his bottom lip drop to the floor. He had never seen C.J look so incredibly beautiful. Everything about her was perfect. The way the waist of that silky red dress clung to every inch of her magnificently toned body. The way her beautiful brown hair curled around her face. The way the light glimmered in her brilliant blue eyes. Right there in that moment there was nothing in the world he wanted more than to rip that dress off of her and take her right there on the staircase.

"Get a hold of your self Donovan" he said under his breath.

"What's that" C.J asked.

"You look absolutely gorgeous!" He exclaimed as he grabbed her by the waist and gave her a deep passionate kiss.

"Oh my what was that for." said C.J trying to regain her balance.

"For being so damn beautiful." He replied which caused C.J's face to almost match the color of her dress.

"Why thank you!"

"So what did you have for me that is so important."

Simon walked over to the couch and grabbed the box and put the flowers behind his back.

"Here I think you might need this." He said handing her the box that contained her missing shoe.

"Where did you find this?" C.J exclaimed feeling really embarrassed.

"You left it at my apartment last time you know we spent the night together."

"Oh."

Simon realized quickly how embarrassed C.J was about whole situation, so he pulled the flowers out from behind his back and handed them to her.

"Oh Simon they are beautiful! Thank You!" She exclaimed giving him a soft kiss on the cheek.

"You ready to go?"