1

Sybil

1

Sybil tilted her head back and took one final inhale before wiping her nose of any white powdery evidence. With a deep exhale she sauntered over to the rolling bar cart in the corner of her bedroom and sloppily refilled her glass with the clear liquid.

She laughed lightly as she licked the spillage off of her hand before taking a fistful of her floor-length lace robe and spinning with a smile wide on her face. The fabric floated high through the air around her making her laughter grow before she paused her spinning to take a large gulp of the fiery liquid in her hand.

Sybil couldn't help but admire the look of her room. Her mom did have an amazing eye for design and took the resident's style into account when picking items. The dark wood floor contrasted with the white walls and sheets of the king bed. Natural wood accented the floating shelves and furniture. Plants were sprawled all over the room in every nook and cranny. She used to love watching them grow and taking care of them. Her mother was never a fan of pets so these plants were her pets.

The white door to her ensuite bathroom opened to reveal the toned body of her latest conquest. If anybody had asked you to describe Sybil they would say fun, outgoing, or maybe social. That was people being kind to the ones that had social power like her though. Truthfully, she was chaotic, impulsive, and possibly toxic.

Sybil liked to blame all of that on her upbringing though. Her mother loved her and it was returned, but her mother could never get past her father leaving them. She was always told that she didn't have a dad because her dad wasn't ready to be a father, but Sybil knew better. She didn't have a dad because he didn't want to be a father.

She must've been a constant reminder of him so her mother buried herself in work. Sybil grew up with nannies and housekeepers to care for and raise her. She only spent time with her mother on holidays and Wednesdays after school when she was younger. Those were Sybil's favorite days. They would go get their nails done, dress up all nice to go out to dinner, and sing in the car until their voices were gone.

When Sybil got older she stopped wanting to spend her after-school hours with her mother, and then it slowly became just holidays that they would spend time together. Sybil regretted that. She wished to the very bottom of her soul that she could go back in time and spend every Wednesday with her mother.

Sybil grabbed Jason's calloused hand and pulled him to the center of the room continuing to prance and dance around the furniture. She laughed handing him the glass of liquor before spinning with her arms wide open.

"I love this song, don't you?" She yelled over the music as he took a sip from the glass. He stared at her over the rim of the glass with a raised eyebrow and a small smile on his lips.

Jason had admired the free-spirited Sybil from afar since they attended high school together years ago. He was too shy back then and didn't run in the same social circles as her, but everyone who went to their school knew who she was. She was loud and happy at all times. Didn't care what anybody thought and was always laughing.

When she messaged him over social media last night asking if he wanted to come over for a drink he had no idea that it would turn into what it did. He had heard about her mother passing last week and expected somebody very different than the Sybil that stood before him.

"Let's get some food in you," Jason murmured into her the fabric on her shoulder as he wrapped his arm around her waist from behind. Sybil leaned her head back resting it on his shoulder and hummed in reply.

"What time is it?" She asked while glancing over at the mirrored digital clock on her bedside table. It was nearly the time Paige would come upstairs and ask her what she wanted to order for dinner tonight.