00

A boy swept from alley to alley easily, hearing voices advance on his trail.

He was no older than five, but he knew that being caught would mean nothing good for him. They'd already contacted his parents and told them about his blood, he couldn't go home anymore.

Not like they'd let him when he had to pull the mask that covered half of his face.

Golds were called, the ones who had apprentices at that time of year. He didn't pay attention to it, instead slipping through a shop's open backdoor just as someone passed.

"What's a kid like you doin' here?" inside smelled like a haven he'd only ever drempt of, warmth dancing across his skin. Looking up, he was met with a known woman of the city.

The boy froze. If they found out who he was...

"Mom, that's the guy on the radio." A young voice was heard, and the boy noticed a child peering over a counter that towered over him. "They're saying he's an obsidian."

The woman frowned "But they're making the boy out as a killer!" She said "You don't look threatening..."

A series of harsh knocks at the door behind the boy caused him to scramble away and hide in one of their cupboards on the floor, the first door he opened being empty. After a moment of silence, the door was opened.

"Hello?" The woman asked, clearly apprehensive

"We were wondering if you've seen a young Obsidian around here- about yay high and highly dangerous?" he recognized the voice, a prominent hero of the nation.

"... No?" The woman seemed to be either playing off of confused well, or she was simply just that. "They're dangerous... but young?"

"Ma'am, everyone knows that if an Obsidian grows up anywhere in Reino Del Sol it spells trouble for us all." The hero reasoned "As Golds, we're tasked with protecting you- young man, have you seen anything?" Now they were speaking to the boy who sat at the counter just above the unknown five year old's head.

"Nope." The younger voice answered "No dangerous Obsidian here!"

"You should go look for them, I wish you a good night." the door closed.

After a moment, footsteps hesitantly moved toward where the boy sat in cramped darkness. He flinched when another pair hit the floor, also rushing over and flinging the doors open.

"Now we can play!" the young kid cheered "I'm Teal, who you? I don't get friends in dead city much, can you be the first? Oh, do you wanna play heroes?!"

The unknown boy pressed himself against the wood, clearly uneasy.

"Teal, please go get ready for bed." But there was the woman, her voice soft. The child pouted, but did as told. Once they were gone, the woman turned to the young boy. "Are you alright?"

The young boy shook his head. He wasn't, but he couldn't speak it. He watched as the woman frowned, curious of the boy who had half of his face covered. He curled in on himself more, causing the woman concern.

"I won't kick you out, honey." She promised "But I'm going to need to know why you're accused of being dangerous."

The boy thought for a moment before holding out a fist. If he opened it, his palm would face up.

the woman watched as a soft yellow glow came from the inside of the child's fist, suddenly realizing what he was insinuating.

"You're-" The woman's breath caught in her throat. She paused for a moment before speaking again.

"Sol."