Chapter 1-writing the first letter

1962

"Good morning class, if you didnt already know, today, we are writing our first letters to our pen pals," my teacher, Mr Bell called. We had been given who we were meant to write to last week. I got a boy called Roger Taylor, he was a year older than me. My teacher gave us all a pen, a piece of paper, an envelope and a stamp. I was worried about this whole thing. I hated writing, but most of all, I hated making new friends. Roger and I would probably never become friends. I lived in Mold and he lived in Truro, Cornwall. It was impossible for us to meet. 

I began to write:

'Hello Roger, my name is Lilibeth Jocelyn Mary Sutherington, but most people just call me Lily. I come from Mold in Wales, but you already know that probably since our teachers told us where our pen pal was from. I'm 12 years old and my birth date is the 26th of February, 1950. My teacher, Mr Bell said we have to write about our interests, but I clearly don't see the point, but I'll tell you anyway. I really like to read. When I'm older, I want to study space. I want to be an astrophysics. Apparently, it's very hard to be but I'll try anyway. I just wanted to tell you that we could probably never be friends since of our distance. I will be going now.

Sincerely Lilibeth.'

Finally, I had finished writing. I didn't know what to say. I wonder if he would actually write back since over heard that some people don't. I slid my letter into an envelope and closed it up. I wrote Rogers name and address onto it and put a stamp on. I got up from my seat and out the letter in the bag that Mr Bell would take to the post office to post. 

A/n: I sorry that this is so short, there will probably be another chapter very soon. I hope you enjoy this book and there will be longer chapters later intk the book. Enjoy!