The Reunion

Author's Note:

Hey guys! This is chapter two and this will be narrated in the point of view of our other main character, Mia. I hope you enjoy this and don't forget to leave a review afterwards!

~Maritoni

~.~

Chapter Two:

The Reunion

Mia's POV

It is a fact that life is consisted of seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, and years. Life is measured by time.

But another thing that measures life is memories. Memories of sweet victories, of days spent under the sun, of scrumptious meals shared with close friends, of hearing the first notes and melodies of your favorite song. These are the memories we cherish in our hearts; the memories that we will smile at when we already have wrinkles etched on our faces.

However, not all memories are as sweet as a chocolate sundae on a hot summer's day. There are memories that will instantly send a surge of numbing hurt throughout our body; the memories we keep hidden at the very back of our minds. These are the memories of the mistakes and regrets we made in our lives. These are the memories we long to forget. These are the memories we just want to wipe out.

I guess if you've seen Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, you'd probably say that all memories are important. Or if you've watched 13 Going on 30, you'd probably quote Jenna's mother and say that we shouldn't regret any of the mistakes we've made because we learn from them.

Well, guess what? I say, hell no.

I mean, I do love your taste in movies (Um...hello? Mark Ruffalo is in both of them. How could they not be amazing?), but I will still firmly hire Lacuna, Inc. to remove the memory that scarred me psychologically and physically.

"Thank you for your purchase, ma'am. Enjoy the rest of your day," the saleslady smiles at me, handing me my shopping bag and my credit card. I smile politely back at her and exit the quaint boutique located in the plaza.

Though I can't deny how much Cigam has changed in the course of five years, I still can't help but feel anxious whenever I walk throughout the streets of my former sanctuary. No matter how many new buildings, shops, and attractions pop up, the feeling of unease still remains. It saddens me so much to think that the place I used to find comfort in is now the source of my distress. And it's all because of that stupid bastard.

If it wasn't for that asshole, I wouldn't be-

Shit.

I stop myself in midstep, turn away from the sea of unfamiliar faces, and rush back inside the boutique.

"Is everything alright, ma'am?" the same saleslady asks. My breath was still caught in my throat and I couldn't form any coherent words, so I just nod at her.

Calm down, Mia. Your eyes are just playing tricks on you.

I force myself to calm down and I slowly look back out the windows. No, I was wrong. He's right there. He's standing in the middle of the plaza, buying ice cream from one of the stands. Probably pistachio, that is his favorite. I growl in annoyance. I'm not supposed to remember those things! You've already forgotten all about him, okay?

"Ma'am, are you sure everything is okay?" the saleslady asks once again in a cautious voice. Oh, was that growl audible?

"Of course," I laugh awkwardly and put on my most sane smile. "Are these windows tinted?" She nods slowly. "So, the people outside won't see anything I do in here, right?" She nods again and I turn back to face the windows. I feel her eyeing me cautiously before going back to the counter.