Clubbing

"That one!" I said enthusiastically, pointing to a Fender with a sunburst finish. It was a hot summer afternoon with the sun shining brightly and a light breeze blowing outside of the Guitar Center store I was currently in. The employee picked up the acoustic guitar and played a couple chords and a simple riff. Its sound was warm and full, but something seemed to be... Oh, I don't know... Missing, I guess. 

"What do you think?" The employee, Devin, asked.

"It's nice," I said, "but not the one.

Devin chuckled. "Alright. What do we want to look at next?"

"Umm..." I muttered, glancing at the wide array of guitars. There were so many to choose from! "How about that Dreadnought over there?"

He played one chord and I made a disgusted face. Devin laughed, "ooookay, definitely not that one."

This continued on for a good hour or so, until I sort of gave up. 

"You know, Devin, I really appreciate everything you've done for me, but I just don't think it's going to happen today. I'm sorry."

"Hey, don't even worry about it!" He smiled. "We can try again tomorrow."

"And then the next day," I said, grabbing my bag and starting to walk towards the door, "and the next day, and the next day..."

Devin laughed again. "Well, maybe it would help to decide on a guitar if you actually knew how to play one."

"Uh, maybe it would help to learn to play one if I actually had one."

Devin smirked. "Touché."

I giggled and opened the door. A cold blast of wind hit my face and I noticed it was quickly growing dark. "Alright, I'm gonna head out. Have a nice night!" I called over my shoulder, already walking away. 

"See ya!" Devin said, a hand thrown out to wave goodbye. 

I started to power walk back home. It was at least a 20 minute walk if I kept up the pace, and by the looks of it I didn't have that much sunlight left. I shivered and pulled my sweater tighter around me as another breeze passed over me. Suddenly, my phone vibrated. I reached into my pocket to see who I'd gotten a text from. 

You on your way home?

It was from my roommate, Becca.

Walking back right now.

I listened to the sound of my feet hitting the pavement, kicking an occasional rock. It was only a matter of time before my arms were covered in goosebumps it was so cold. After a good ten minutes my phone buzzed again. 

Change of plans! Don't come inside. Logan and I are busy ;)