ONE ━ love or war, both

ONElove or war, both

ONE
love or war, both

ONElove or war, both

I watched my kingdom fall.

Everything I built was crumbling before me

The raging flames that englufed the village and the palace lit up the sky with a fury that I had never imaged before.

The crown on my head no longer meant anything

All I could hear was the angry crackling of the fire muffled by the gutteral sobs and screams of my people.

But all I could think about was him.

War was over.

And I watched with a smile on my face.

__

2 years before

__

"But, I love him, Luna!"

Lady Amarantha's cries and proclamations of love echoed through one of the many grand halls of the Addison Palace, Aluna's ancestral home.

"Your father is a Count, Amarantha, you cannot marry him." Luna shook her head with a frown, continuing her quick steps forward, her friends following behind ber, some struggling to keep up. No matter how fast she went or how long she walked, the halls in her home never seemed to end.

"Camilla married a commoner two summers ago and she is perfectly, happily in love!" Amarantha whined, quickening her steps to be side by side with the princess, still slightly behind her, one must never put themselved directly next to a princess.

It was not necessary for Amarantha to get the princesses blessing for her marriage with Lucas Foyer, her families shoe-maker she'd fallen madly in love with, for she was neither a boy nor her father's first born but she would be damned if her best friend didn't approve.