Chapter 13 - Missed You

Jhoana was struggling with two heavy boxes in her arms, trying to get the key in the door of her dorm room.

"Yo, Jhoana. Bilis. Bumibigat yung unan."

She turned around to glare at Carly, who was standing behind her holding nothing but a pillow and dragging a rolling suitcase.

"Since may libre ka naman kamay, baka pwede namang paki open ng pintuan para mas may pakinabang ka."

"Nah. Nasayo na ang susi. Isasaksak mo na lang tas pipihitin. Go na, kaya mo na yan girl."

Jho finally got the door unlocked and kicked it open with her foot. She dropped the boxes on the floor and looked back at Carly, who was casually rolling in the suitcase and threw the pillow on the empty bed.

"Sobrang natutuwa ako at sumama ka para tulungan ako mag move-in at unpack," said Jho, her voice dripping with disdain.

"It's my pleasure, Jho. Happy to help. Besides, hindi ako tumatanggi sa road trip. Alam mo 'yan,"

Jho rolled her eyes at her friend. "Come on. We've got at least three more trips to make from the car."

"Kailangan ko magpahinga," whined Carly.

"Sasaksakin na kita."

"Fine, fine. So grumpy. Buti nalang nakabalik ka na ng Manila, madidiligan ka na ulit girl."

"Pwede ba, tumigil ka sa pagsasabi na kailangan kong madiligan?"

"Well, you do."

Jho guided Carly out the door as they headed back down to the car to grab another load of boxes.

She was finally back at UP and only few minutes away from her girlfriend. After saying goodbye to Sati, who went back to school in her mom's province, Carly insisted on driving Jho back to Manila, wanting to spend more time with her best friend before heading back to their now deserted hometown since most of their friends had already gone back to school.

"This sucks," announced Carly as they headed back to the dorm room with more boxes.

"Nag offer kang tulungan ako!"

"Hindi naman ito. Yung fact na tapos na ang summer at iniwan n'yo na ulit ako ni Sati."

"My offer still stands. Pwede ka namang dumalaw sa'kin any time. It'll be nice to have my best friend here more often."

"Promise?"

"I promise. We'll figure out which weekends work best for both of us. Besides, I'm sure gugustuhin din ni Bea na makita ka."

Jho maneuvered the door open once more and once they were inside and put the boxes down, they realized they weren't alone. A blonde girl was sitting at the desk on the opposite side of the room, near the bed that had already been claimed before Carly and Jho had gotten there. She stood up to greet the girls.

"Whoa. Bago ka. Hi, ako si Carly." Carly stuck her hand out.

"Hi. I'm Trina." She shook Carly's hand and went to shake Jho's.

"I'm Jho. Ako yung bago mong roommate."

"It's nice to meet you. I hope you don't mind, I've set myself up on this side of the room."

"Okay lang. Keri naman ako kahit saan."

"Good." Trina turned to Carly. "You're the friend?"

Carly put her arm around Jho. "Best friend."

"Is she chill or should I be worried?" asked Trina, nodding over to Jho.