Chapter One (OIAL)

Sometimes, do you ever just think how life is if it had an undo button? I think it would save so much wasted time, energy, money, and even lives. We can undo any wrongdoings we have done and make them right. Unfortunately, life does not work that way. Life is never fair for anyone. You just got to take the risks, learn from your mistakes and enjoy as how it goes. I wish I had that now.

Blood.

Blood was something I had hated ever since. Now, don't go assuming that I'm a girly girl who is a brat, I have an acceptable reason. A reason you'd all know sooner or later. Plus I don't like the pain. Doctors would usually tell that it will just be like an ant bite. Ant bite my ass.

Here I was sitting at a clinic, the doctor getting some of my blood while I squealed like a little girl when she pushed a needle to my skin.

Why does going to college need this medical examination? I thought passing the entrance exam was my last dilemma. Oh how I thought wrong.

"Okay, you can go for now. Just get back after a few hours for the results." She told me while putting a cotton ball and tape on my skin. I nodded and absentmindedly went out the clinic to meet my friend.

"I told you it's not that bad." Laura, a.k.a. my best friend, said.

"Not bad? Really? I bet you heard me squealing from the inside."

She was kind of shocked at first but chuckled later on, "I thought it was some weird kid outside."

I gave her my best poker face and asked her to drop it. We just went out to eat lunch.

Entering a local diner, I was welcomed by the smell of delicious food. I am kinda amazed by how a person's stomach can react to the aroma of food, but then again it is food. If y'all know what I mean.

"I still can't believe we are going to different schools this time." She told me.

"If only they offered my course in your school, then we'd probably be still together." I said. We've been in the same school for like 10 years now, and I am not kidding. This would be the first time that we won't be together.

* * *

Here I was dreading my first day of college and what I am doing does not help at all. I just got into my new dormitory inside my school. I was waiting for my new roommate before I unpack my things. I made myself comfortable in the other side of the room and ate. Yes, I'm so unproductive right now, I know. I thought it was a bad idea but who cares.

Then I heard the door knob being moved. I sat straight in my bed and waited for the door to be opened. When it opened, there stood my roommate with two big bags and a box. She was easily beautiful with wavy blonde hair that falls to her waist and hazel eyes.

"Hi." It was all that I could manage to say and I smiled widely.