εїз | misunderstanding

⤜⤏ takes place: goblet of fire but harry and the reader are aged up to sixteen

⤜⤏ reader's year: sixth year

⤜⤏ reader's house: gryffindor

⤜⤏ warnings: none

* ੈ✩‧₊˚* ੈ✩‧₊˚* ੈ✩‧₊˚

You looked at yourself in the mirror proudly. You looked good. Like, actually good.

You wore a lilac dress that reached just below your knees. The skirt was poofy, but just so, and it had silver embroidery on the hem and the bodice. You paired the dress with silver heels and the only jewellery you wore was a silver necklace with a crescent moon on it that a certain someone had given you for your thirteenth birthday.

You weren't a dresses kind of girl; you were more interested in wearing comfortable clothes, but with style of course. You don't want to look like a bum. But when you do wear dresses once in a while, it's nice to feel pretty.

You had done your makeup beforehand, not too much, but just enough so that it went with the look. Your hair was just a simple half-up, half-down do, curled, which was secured with a butterfly claw clip. You had also sprinkled a little bit of silver glitter in your hair, hoping it wasn't a tad bit much.

Which, even if it was, you didn't care.

Just then, the bathroom door opened, and Hermione came out. She was wearing a beautiful pink dress with ruffles and a satin pink bow tied around her waist. Her hair was done in a side bun, with a few curls falling out and resting on her shoulder.

Your jaw dropped.

"You look gorgeous, 'Mione!" you gushed, rushing over as best as you could in heels.

She laughed shyly. "Thanks, y/n. You look absolutely stunning as well!"

"For myself of course," you giggled.

"Not for your date?" teased Hermione, knowing very well that you weren't even remotely interested in him.

"Please, I couldn't care less. He's nice enough I guess, but..." you trailed off.

Hermione grabbed perfume and sprayed some on herself and then on you. "But what? He's not Harry?"

You sighed. "Well... yeah. He's not Harry..."

Only Hermione knew about your intense longing for the boy who lived. Only Hermione knew how much you had fallen for him.

You were going to ask him to the ball of course, but, well... things happened.

2 days earlier...

You sat at one of the tables in the library, struggling with potions homework. You were slumped over your textbooks and your head was resting on a piece of parchment that only had one word scribbled on it. You lifted your head lazily to look around the table in boredom.

Suddenly, you spotted your favourite blue-eyed boy disappearing between two isles of the library shelves. You smiled and got up, going over to talk to him. You could finally ask him to the Yule Ball.

You walked nearer to where he was but stopped when you saw him facing a girl, who you could only see the back of her head. You quickly hid behind the aisle so they couldn't see you. Why did you do that? You had no clue.