📖Chapter 1: Introduction📖

You were loaded into a cryostasis pod. The gel within the pod melded around you, however you were too intoxicated with tranquilents to realize you were. . . well being loaded into something you wouldn't really consent for.

"They'll be alright. Be not afraid You two." Revon comforted, resting his hand on your mother's shoulder. "Our Cryostasis is the most secure and comfortable experiences in the entire explored collection of Humanity's systems. Your child is in safe hands." He then led the 2 out and bid them goodbye before gently closing the glass pane door.

The lab assistant, designated AM turned away from you and towards Revon. "Why did you lie to them sir? Cryostasis is one of the most unstable means of achieving-" The Drone went silent seeing Revon's glare. 

"Of course it is!" Revon snapped, stepping away from the door and resting his hand on your icy casket. "The molecules that make up human's genetic code cannot stay frozen in place for extended periods of time." He said. "Any time above the 30 day mark causes an accelerated decay- child's knowledge!" He turned back to the control panel. "I don't plan for them to have a peaceful 20-year nap. I intend a transportation."

AM's digital eyes narrow into slits. "With all due respect sir, isn't that human trafficking?" An array of beeps and boops emitted from the console. "AM, if the government is willing to enslave entire systems into becoming minimum wagies. That are soon to be replaced by your kind mind you, do you think they really care about about old law? They're tearing them down as we speak." He flipped a switched and the gel around your face froze almost instantaneously.

----

You wake up in a cold sweat, panting heavily, ears ringing. You feel for your surroundings and turn on your bedside lamp.

You were in a small room, boxed in by 4 concrete walls at least 10 inches thick and sealed in by a massive steel bolted door of course you can guess there were no windows. You have tried your very best to make this empty shell of a dwelling tolerable by adding rugs and painting the walls your desirable color along with a cabinet by your bedside, a lamp, a cupboard, a dresser, and a bookshelf filled to the brim with fantasy and the occasional biography.

You regain your composure, you then realize you are not being sealed away forever in a Cryostasis Pod, your not decaying, and most certainly not staring down a Drone. The dark corners of your dorm loom outwards, beginning draw nearer as if they weren't just a absence of light. You take in a shaky breath and attempt to calmly get up and turn on the light. Which you did. No brutal mutilation occurred hurray! 

You exhale, releasing a breath you weren't even aware you were holding. Before your surge of classic morning irritation returned at the power of 11. "Three weeks, FOR THE LAST THREE WEEKS I'VE HAD THAT SAME. NIGHTMARE." You make other ineligible noises before throwing the heaviest book you could lift at the keypad for your ever-so-protective door.

You shake you head grumbling. "This happens every-night, Its that off cheese brand I found scavenging I bet."

You yawn as you stretch, then traversing the mighty 2 steps to your dresser and get changed into your standard bunker wear. That was all you could really wear for you weren't exactly crazy enough to giggle manically, trotting around the bunker whilst naked. Not yet.

You lazily zip up your suit, turning around and inputting the keypad code. Stepping out from your dorm the pungent smell of oil and other substances launch an assault on your nose, almost causing you to faint from the intensity. you'll never get used to that. And walk out of your room. You lived in a sealed bunker that was intended during a nuclear reactor collapse. It had an abundance of food, entertainment, and power. But no company. The few months of silence has really taken a toll.