Chapter 2

They started walking and I walked behind them both were taller than me by at least 10 cm

I tried to calm down myself everything is going to be okay even if there is no guarantee of that. there was a hallway in front of the room that I was in but the walls of it are made of glass, there was only one door to the left, another room I think I try to memorize every step in case I had to escape, At the end of the hallway they stopped Gab turned looking at us "I will go prepare for our departure until you finish " he walked to the right leaving us I felt a little nervous Gab was more friendly than Ethan.

Ethan started walking to the left I followed then he opened the door to a room he signed for me to enter I walked inside and stood there frozen I gasped, there was a big screen in front of me and a lot of small screens to the left and right and a lot of buttons and I don't know what I just walked myself into, Ethan moved behind me and brought me a chair ignoring my surprise and confusion he pointed for me to sit.

He really isn't much of a talker.

I set down waiting for him to explain everything, he goes to the front and turn on the big screen displaying a dark shadow of a person but it had a yellow mark on its forehead that looked like a raindrop the whole figure was huge on the screen "what is that ?" I asked still looking at the screen "we call them shadows"

"They kill and destroy people but not with weapons they have dark powers they possess people and destroy them from inside out in different ways they make them kill each other or worse kill themselves some of them just make the person they are possessing give hard time to others and they will be destroying more than one life " he stops taking a deep breath "what they do is horrible and evil and we fight them and kill them and one day we will destroy every shadow on earth, "he says the last words with determination and hope in his eyes " we ?"

"We are a group of people.. a big group of people who train to fight and kill the shadows" he explains

"and what does that have to do with me ?"

" you were chosen to fight with us "

I scoff "me? fight with you to kill shadows" he nods his head "yes"

"And who chose me?"

"I don't know ..nobody knows who chooses us " I stop and stare at the shadow in a daze it's a lot to take in, Ethan stops talking giving me time to think about my next question "how do you kill them ?" it's the first question that comes to my mind he sweeps the picture of the shadow with his finger showing what seems like a lash its gold and glowing " they disappear when it touches them we make sticks from the same material too"

"don't worry we didn't bring you here to leave you on a battlefield to fight shadows we will train you and teach you everything and you are going to be in my unite with Gab too "

" And you're the leader of the unite ?" I ask him noticing a badge on his chest "yes.." he answers like he doesn't like talking about it I still have so many questions but Ethan spoke first "now lets go we will introduce you to our commander and if you have any more questions you can ask him he knows more than anyone here "

we exit the room and walk in the direction that Gab went earlier there are a few rooms in the hallway and in the end of it, there is an elevator. we don't meet anyone on our way.

we go down and I watch as we go, I was on the fifth floor I make a note of it.

when we arrived I saw a few people walking around and Gab standing with his back to a dark blue car,he meets us with his smile " let's go" when I get to the car he opens the door for me and looked at me with worry in his eyes "I hope you are doing okay with taking all of that in "

"I'm trying, "I say smiling at him glad that there is someone who knows what I feel right now I get in and we start to leave