02 (The end)

Author's POV

I'm so sorry

I'm so sorry.." Jungkook said, holding Jimin in his arms, as he sobbed helplessly, his tears flowing non stop, since two hours now. He'd stop for some time, but then, he'd remember what Taehyung did, and he'd start crying all over again.

" Baby, please, please stop crying. All the water will get soaked now." Jungkook tried to joke, but to no avail.

" I..I can't believe he d-did that.." Jimin cried. All the sweet memories he had with Taehyung - the times they'd cuddle up together under the blanket, the times they'd try on insane make ups, or the times they'd bake cakes with insane flavours - came rushing back to his mind, which made him sob more.

" Baby.. come on.. come on.. look at me." Jungkook cupped Jimin's face, and made him look at him. Their eyes met, and Jungkook's heart broke seeing the vulnerable state his Jimin was in.

" I know what you are going through. Taehyung is-"

" Was.. T-Taehyung was my best friend, Jungkook. He isn't anymore." He broke down again, and Jungkook shushed him, " Baby, baby, calm down okay? Please.. I don't want you to get hurt, baby, please." He said, and hearing Jungkook's desperate tone, Jimin gulped in his tears, and bit his lip, concentrating on the beautiful hazel look Jungkook's eyes had.

He calmed down, " I'm.. I'm sorry Jungkook." Jimin said, shifting closer to Jungkook.

Jungkook opened his mouth to say something, but Jimin beat him to that, "No. No, just listen to me."

Jungkook nodded, keeping silent.

His heart fluttered when Jimin interlaced their fingers together, and kept both of their hands in his lap.

" I'm sorry for everything, Kookie. I'm sorry for not listening to you. I'm sorry for hurting you. I'm sorry for all the sadness I've caused you. I'm sorry for everything Jungkook. Every.. fucking.. thing." Jimin said, and Jungkook said nothing.

He just leaned in and kissed Jimin, who kissed back immediately. Both of their eyes fluttering close, and their hearts dancing in utter happiness. The air blew softly, and it seemed like the moon was glowing brighter, as the reunion of the two broken souls happened.

" I'm sorry too, baby." Jungkook said, connecting their foreheads, and closing his eyes, " I'm sorry too, for ev-"

" It wasn't even your fault." Jimin pulled away gently, retracting himself back and  getting down from the backseat of the car.

Jungkook didn't stop Jimin, watching with a soft smile on his face as Jimin cutely walked to the sea shore.

He looked so ethereal and majestic while closing his eyes. The sweet air was swiping his hair softly, hitting his face, and caressing it ever so tenderly.

Jungkook smiled, getting out of the backseat, and slowly walking up to Jimin, before wrapping his arms around his waist from behind and hugging him.

" I love you so much, Jimin. Do you know that?" He said, and Jimin closed his eyes, humming, " Well yes, but the problem is , I definitely love you more. So, yes, don't try to compete."