Chapter 212: Seon-Ho/ Seo Yeon

I could only sit back and watch my scintillating wife's plan work out accordingly. I exchanged looks of relief with her brother and we both simultaneously collapsed further into our seats feeling drained in every way. My daughter was already holding onto me as usual but I reached out for my son who finally looked at me with the same look on my face and he held me back, giving me all the motivation I needed to finish this once and for all. Hyuk actually followed me to stay with his cousins who were just as surprised as everybody else.

It wasn't too hard to act disgusted as I was genuinely lost in how I managed to get myself and my family caught up with such people. I then declared my intent on cutting off my 'sister' before 'storming off in shame' with my family in tow...until the prince stood in Hwi's path asking him if he was really going to follow me instead of staying behind with him to eliminate the Queen. He just looked at him with an apathetic look on his face and told him that their alliance was over. I had a feeling Hwi was hiding some things from me for some time but I would deal with that later. We all left the banquet before the royal family themselves, myself and Hwi then went to convene with his army friends about the next step while leaving the women alone with the children. I didn't let anyone out of my sight until they got safely away. As mine and Hwi's positions had nothing to do with this particular internal dispute of the royal family all we could do was wait to be called upon as witnesses.

The plan to destroy the royal elders had come into fruition; after the Queen's eminent disposal, her son's were left at Bang-Won's disposal, who couldn't help himself but to have them eliminated sadly. But for once, sentiment had gotten the better of him soon after his father's death...and he was left completely vulnerable...as for Bang-Gan, it was said that he was the first to be murdered in his bed only a few hours after his father passed away...

*****************

Our long meetings that same night was all for naught as the King passed away the next day but thankfully not before he named my husband regent as he had no choice to depose the Queen after her scandal was revealed to the entire nation. And as Regent; my husband's first command was to send Prince Bang-Won into exile for uncovering his plans to not only usurp the throne...but it was also uncovered after a long through investigation that it was him who framed my wife's father's death as the prince feared his growing power along with Hwi's help just as he was so wrapped up with dealing with his horrible stepmother the Queen once and for all. It turns out that he had sensed my family's growing tension with the Queen and he got so caught up in it that he finally let his guard down in more ways than one...and Hwi finally had a chance to look through the archives that he had guarded so tightly for years now. Bur it was a shame that there were several people hanging around the archives that day thanks to his wife so he couldn't be entirely sure who ratted him out as he had no qualms about exterminating everyone who stood in his path...except for Hwi. We could all tell for a while that the Prince was getting more and more attached to him, trying to somehow reconstructing our very own brotherhood for himself which we both found highly disturbing.

Nam-Kyu's servants and high connections were another story; my husband managed to exile their families in exchange for their death sentences for humiliating the Queen...and all of her other surprise business which he managed to put in separate accounts for my children as emotional compensation for all they had to suffer at their hands. Nam-Kyu however couldn't escape the death penalty as her part of the scandal was clear to all. She was kept imprisoned and tortured...by me. I beat out every delusion that my husband ever loved her or wanted her. I beat her for the sake of my children who had to go without their father at times as well as my nephews who absolutely adored him. I beat her for the sake of the relationship myself and my brother had with him since childhood and sent him on his darkest days. I beat him for myself who turned my soulmate into the devil himself sometimes who had no choice but to take out his frustrations on me, even though I took it without complaint. I had her whipped every day until she was sentenced to death by poisoning herself.