𝟢𝟢𝟩. 𝖺𝗇𝗍𝗂-𝗁𝖾𝗋𝗈

(   PAPER RINGS   )𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗌𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇 ──────── 𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘪-𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘰❛ 𝗂𝗍'𝗌 𝗆𝖾, 𝗁𝗂

(   PAPER RINGS   )
𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗌𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇 ──────── 𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘪-𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘰
❛ 𝗂𝗍'𝗌 𝗆𝖾, 𝗁𝗂. 𝗂'𝗆 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝖻𝗅𝖾𝗆, 𝗂𝗍'𝗌 𝗆𝖾. ❜

MEGAN BELIEVED THERE was something wrong with her

MEGAN BELIEVED THERE was something wrong with her. Something happened to her that never happened before. It seemed like a switch had flipped in her head and she lost all sight of... well, everything.

There was a sting in her body just thinking about what she had done. Her chest constricted and she felt goosebumps roll over her skin. Tears pricked the back of her eyes as she thought back to the look on her sister's face. It looked like Tory didn't even recognize her and she hated it.

Tory seemed to notice her sister's off state when she slumped down in the passenger seat of their beat up car. "It's okay, Megs."

Megan looks at her, dazed and confused. "Huh?"

"Don't worry about that fight," explains Tory. "You didn't do anything wrong. I was just in a little bit of shock, is all. Your skills have improved, like, a lot."

Megan chuckles lightly and rubs her arm. "Oh, uhm, thanks."

Tory smiles sweetly and switches the ignition on. The twins listen to the car roar to life before Tory starts backing out. The whole ride back to their house—dead silent.

══════ ✮❁•°♛°•❁✮ ══════

Megan's mind had been in a haze the rest of the day. It seemed like she was simply going through the motions of everything while her mind raced with thoughts of what had happened.

She sat in her bed with a book in hand. She's reading—or at least was. Right now, all she's doing is staring at the pages and dozing off. So much so she can't even hear Tory shouting her name while leaning on her doorframe. "Megan!"

Megan snaps out of it and shakes her head. "Wha... What?"

Tory laughs. "You alright? You've been out of it ever since we left the dojo."