CHAPTER THREE

A month has passed and Sofia has managed to steal the sheriffs car 2 more times, making it four in total

Her new friends are impressed, but also warning her to be carefull. Sheriff Wood as she now know his name to be, is apparently a very patient man.

When ever Sofia gets a glimps of the sheriffs comfortably face, she would get this feeling in her chest.

He wasn't handsome like the one you see in movies and hear about in books. No, he was old, clearly a man who have lived a life with hardship.

Sofia often thought that the only women interested in a man like him was divorced soccer mom's, who likes to drink Red wine on a Tuesday.

Yes, Sheriff Wood wasn't good looking. So, why did her stomach make knots, when she entered his car for the fifth time in under two months and she smelled his smell, pine and wood?

She wouldn't think about it and pushed it to the back of her mind. Driving to school is easy, parking the car and walking into school is easy. What isn't easy is the historie test they have to take in a minute.

Mr. Johnson is a mean man. If you didn't like historie, he didn't like you. He was old school and set on his own rules, she already have had two detentions with the man.

"Miss Wilkins, are you even listening?" Mr. Johnson scratching voice boomed across the room to the back were Sofia sat with Ben, the only one from their friend group also in this class.

"Something about a sadistic little man with a small penis?" She replied, not really caring all that much today.

"Miss Wilkins! Please leave the classroom and go to the principles office" He trew his black whiteboard marker down. "I am done with you!"

Sofia exhaled, took her bag and began to slowly walk outside. She is contemplating to just go home, but jer dad had told her that if she did that again, she wouldn't be living under his roof.

'Asshole' Sofia thought, taking out her cigarette pack. She knew that she wasn't a good student, but why punish her for it? The only person it affected is herself.

"Smoking on school ground isn't permitted" Sofia jumped hearing the new voice, choking on the cigarette smoke. "And shouldn't you be in class?" He ask.

"Sure thing Sheriff. Just had a tiny bump with a teacher" Sofia smiled hoping it was enough to get him to leave. "What it the great Sheriff doing here?" She countered.

"Someone stole the car again, you must have heard about that"

"Yeah, what about that, how many times have it happed now. Three?" Her little finger twitched.

"Five with this morning" He shrugged like it wasn't a big deal. Sofia narrowed her eyes, confused.

"So you are not angry?" She ask. Sheriff Wood gave her a weird look, so she quickly backtracked " I mean, I would have been"