Chapter 22

Irish pov
"I'm waiting," I announced as my dad and I sat silently.

I wanted the whole story. Yes, Talan was a psychopath under his sexy, muscular body and tan, brown skin. Yes, he's a crazy ass bastard who used those perfect, white teeth and hazel eyes to trick me.

Sexy is my weakness.

That's why Liam is my baby daddy.

I fell in love with Vex because he was the only one who could handle everything about me. His looks were just a HUGE bonus...

However, sometimes there is an actual reason behind the crazy. And, I strongly believe my father has something to do with that crazy. He's famous for driving people nuts.

"I wish he had just come for me. You have nothing to do with this." He sighed.

"With what? What the hell is the beef between you two? What did you do?" I asked.

"Why do you always assume it's my fault?" He chuckled.

"Well, is it?" I asked with my eyebrow raised.

"Your mother is partially to blame as well." He said with his hands up on defense.

"Do you really wanna blame her right now?"

"You asked, Pumpkin. I'm telling you the truth."

"Get on with it. What happened?"

He let out a huge sigh and sat on the loveseat across from me.

"I never thought I'd have to tell this story, but maybe it'll help you in some way. I had just turned 20 in 1992. It took me a little longer to become mafia boss because your grandfather took forever deciding between your aunt and me, for the position."

"Should've gone with her." I joked.

He smirked at me before continuing.

"When he finally gave the position to me, your aunt became my right-hand man-"

"Woman." I corrected.

"Do you wanna hear the story, or are you gonna keep interrupting me?"

I defensively threw up my hands and ran my finger across my lips as to say they were zipped shut.

"I decided that she'd choose two girls to join, and I'd choose two dudes. Everleigh was one of her girls. And I was instantly attracted to her. She was gorgeous. From her dark melanated skin to her bright brown eyes. I've always had an addiction to full lips. She was everything I wanted physically."

"Oh, dad..." I said in disbelief and disgust.

"But, she was also very submissive and dismissive. She didn't seem to have her personality. She spent half our relationship doing exactly what I told her to do." He explained.

"You were her boss." I chuckled.

"Yes, but that's not what I mean. She just acted like a puppy and I was her master. And it got annoying."

"You could've done so much better. And you did." I chuckled. "What does this have to do with Talan?"

"Maybe you'll find out if you stop talking."

"Untwist you pantaloons father. I'm just curious." I teased.

He rolled his eyes.

"One day, I asked her about her family; she never really talked about them. She said she lost her parents in a gunfight a few years back, and it was just her and her sister. So, I asked where her sister was. She said they don't talk because she's part of the rival gang. Talan's gang. But, he and I were friends. We had no beef. I wasn't a big fan of his crew at the time because they slashed the tires to my Mazda RX-7." He explained.

I think I'm starting to connect the dots

"One day, he invited us to his famous masquerade ball."

"Oh, so this has been an annual thing since the 90s? Great."

"Everleigh and I walked in hand and hand. My crew was scattered and we had a good time. That's when... this gorgeous woman came strutting down the marble staircase in a deep, purple, long flowing dress." He said with a cheesy smile.

"Mom?" I giggled.

He nodded.

"She caught everyone's eye; especially mine. But then she walked over to Talan and kissed him. He never told me about a girlfriend so I always assumed he was just hoeing around."

"Oh, like you."

"Honey, I told you I was with Everleigh."

"Yeah... She's a hoe." I burst into laughter.

"At the time, she wasn't super crazy and unbearable." He shrugged.

"Then what happened?" I asked.

"Well..."

———————- Isaac pov: 1992

"Ugh, she always has to have all the attention." Everleigh groaned with a frown.

"You know her?" I asked.

"That's my sister, Sai. Doesn't she look attention seeking?" She scoffed.

Well, she caught my attention.

I knew Everleigh must've had good genes, but Sai? I think I'm in love.

"I'm gonna grab a drink. Do you want one, muffin?"

God, I hate that stupid nickname.

"Nah, I'm good. Imma go say hi to Talan."

She nodded and began to trot over to the drink table.

I made my way over to Talan who spotted me and smiled widely.

"Yooooo Isaac! I didn't think you'd make it, man."

"I'd never miss one of your balls." I chuckled.

"This is my girl, Sai. Sai, this is-"

"First of all, I'm not your "girl". Try again." She said with an attitude.

"I've asked you repeatedly to not do that in front of the company." He argued.

"And I've asked YOU repeatedly to not dismiss me. I'm not my sister, asshole." She scoffed before walking away.

"Wow... She's a handful." I chuckled.

"I know. She has such a big mouth and she has an attitude. But, It's so hot, right? She's a demon in bed." He said with a smirk.

Talan cannot handle her. He wants someone who can be submissive towards him and let him feel in charge. I got the wrong sister.

That's mine right there...

"Oh yeah? Wish I could say the same about her psycho sister. She's good, but she's a follower. And you know more than anyone how much I hate that."

"Then why keep her?" He chuckled.

"Gotta relieve myself some way." I laughed.

——————————————

"I slept with a 50-year-old man? No way bruh. He looks 30! Wait, that's kinda hot."

"Irish! I raised you better than that!" My dad gagged.

"No, you didn't." I laughed.

"Wait! Pause! Huge pause! You're telling me, that the psycho bitch trying to kill me is my AUNT?"

_______________________________

HIIIIIIIIII OMG OMG OMG. I've put this chapter off for so long for some reason! Mind you this whole conversation lasted ab an hour. Not that long. Sorry to leave it right here but it's literally almost 3 am and I took melatonin so I'm about to be knocked. Love y'all!
~ Butters🫶🏽