003.

"wanna go for a drive?"

sakura's truck hasn't changed since izumi last rode during senior year. it was still the same old bulky vehicle with rusted paint and an AC smelling like pine.

she also still drove as if she was on a brand new sports car.

they arrived unharmed though, if you count out the assumption that sakura's speed gave her vertigo. the dizziness only wore off once they were seated.

"what you been up to?" izumi asked over her cup of chai latte and sakura's peppermint latte.

the cafe was much better than the starbucks and tim hortons branches in los angeles. the lights were tinted yellow and dim, complimenting with the wood furniture and books with covers only colored different shades of brown, gray, and white. everyone was courteous too. only murmurs could be heard from other tables instead of the states' usual customers who scream across each other which ruin the experience.

to top it all off, the coffee put in cute holiday mugs were the best. the blonde could not help but close her eyes at the first sip of her hot tea. kagoshima was not missing out at all in terms of cafes and ambiance.

to top it all off for the second time, she sat across the miyawaki sakura.

"i actually go to this place a lot. it's the only area appropriate for formal dates so i've brought---"

izumi had no ounce of interest with sakura's past dates. if she let her continue, it would probably just end up with a snicker as a reply.

she replied, "so did you become a doctor?"

"close enough. i took up dentistry," she said, making izumi swoon even harder. "i have my own clinic near the methodist church."

oh the things she could do with mouths! my mouth!

"no way? that's so cool." genuine interest (and questionably wild thoughts) seeped through her proud smile. "could you get my teeth checked some time?"

"i could do it right now."

"here?"

"at the clinic, silly."