𝔢𝔭𝔦𝔰𝔬𝔡𝔢 𝔬𝔫𝔢

The maid opened the large luxurious door

The maid opened the large luxurious door. Her lips pulled into an apologetic smile that you brushed off with an unconcerned wave of your hand. You enter the flashy bedroom that belongs to your self dubbed platonic soulmate who has no idea that you are crushing on them big time.

You spot the silver haired beauty, collapsed on the floor heavily leaning his weight on the couch like a broken puppet. A bottle of his least favorite wine sat empty next to him as he sipped the last of it out of his glass.

His golden eyes look up, hazy from the alcohol he had been drowning himself in the last who knows how many hours to cope with the emotions he didn't know how to handle nor process in a healthy way.

No matter how many times this endless cycle of heartbreak repeated, Zion could never figure out a way to deal with all the emotions that would suddenly hit him after everything was said and done.

You offer a tired smile and take a seat next to him. Without a word, you bring him into what you hope is a protective hug of pure affection. Your heart beats in erratic rhythms at having him so close but you force down those feelings.

Zion your best friend is vulnerable and needs comfort and it's far too inappropriate for you to feel the way you do in this moment of him only needing and relying on you when he's like this.

You tighten your hold as he always himself to crumble and melt into your arms. Your hand rubs up and down his shaking back as you whisper encouraging words. You tell him he'll make it through this and that you'll be here for it all.

"I'm a bastard. Here I am crying in your arms after being the one to break up with her." Zion laughs in self mockery. "I don't even know why I dated her and lead her on. I knew it was only a matter of time before I felt nothing at all for her. Until I lost all interest. I don't even know why I try at this point."

You run your fingers through his soft, short locks. Your brows furrowed in thought of how to reply.

"Yeah, you're an absolute ass for leading such a lovely lady on for as long as you did. For dumping her like she meant nothing to you. For having no explanation for why you no longer like her."

Zion hums and clenches his fist into your shirt and patiently waits for what you're about to say.

"Zion, even though you did all that, even though you don't have an explanation that doesn't sound as cruel as 'I'm just not interested anymore' you need to realize that's okay. I mean you should really not say shit like that but I get it you're a blunt guy. For as long as I've known you, I've learned your the type whose searching for someone to bond with, someone to love and to love them. Love is complicated and sometimes you fall out of it, sadly it happens.