The Cold Rock In the Sauna

Rain, rain, wind, thunder, lighting, and nothing else but more rain covers the landscape. Blades of mournful rain rush downwards as if God were crying. Nothing but animals and critters consume this course called a forest. At least that's how it appears.

A woman dressed in a black uniform and gray kimono sits silently on a boulder in the open. The wind grants her hair high fives, as it pushes back her black shoulder level hair that's also blessed with light gray and purple highlights. Her image screams out a savvy hunter that's stalking her prey.

As the huntress sits quietly but confidently, she grips her katana as if she is to be ready for future game. Game that has consumed many bystanders and referees.

    ===============================

"Hmm, I've heard this victim is more of a melee brute that lacks projectiles... So if I pin it down, it shouldn't be able to hurt Mr. Bait 1 and Mr. Bait 2." The savvy woman thinks to herself.

She gets lost in thought as she ponders,"I could still win if I fought it straight on but that'd be quite the hassle! Flame Breathing is indeed strong, but definitely isn't suited for fights that require longevity... Because of that, I need to position myself to use First Form: Unknown Fire only once as it's made for one powerful strike. I can only use Flame Breathing three times anyway so that's my only option..."

The woman snaps out of her thought as she says, "Oh! I almost forgot!" She glances up to check on her captives that are dressed in Demon Slayer attire.

The two captives suspended in the air stare back at her with eyes full of anger. "Are you okay Mr. Bait 1 and Mr. Bait 2?" She inquires.

Once the woman queries about their condition, a frightened scream splurges out from above saying, "You DARK WITCH!!! We ain't your demon bait! Let us go!"

She resumes her glance back forward towards the wilderness as she says, "Sorry sir... You two led the victim to a nearby village and then tried to stop me from slaying it. You've brought this on yourselves."

The other captive scoffs in annoyance and replies, "First of all, it's a demon... STOP calling it a victim. Secondly, did your Silent but Deadly headass ever stop to think that just maybe we realized the demon is too dangerous for any of us to kill? Plus, we didn't lead the demon there. You're assuming that."

The woman's face is filled with disgust as she begins speaking, "So the same thing just somehow happened in Kyoto, Makoyama, and Saiko? I've been following you two for awhile now, and know you both have allowed countless demons to terrorize villages in those cities so you could first loot the deceased, then slay their murderers."

The woman stands as she points her blade at them. "Or their alleged murderers... The real killers are you both! The entrance exam only shows who is skilled enough to survive these so called demons... Unfortunately sir, it doesn't test the heart of true demons such as yourselves."

One of the men begins releasing waterfall sized tears as he yells, "OKAY! So what does tying us up solve? Making us your bait is only going to get you killed by that beast! You need us! You're a damn Mizunto!"

The woman closes her eyes and claps her hands. The noise flies out and reflects back simulating echolocation. "Hopefully this'll teach you how to do your job effectively. It's here."

           =============================

The man cries out, "You know what? You're heartless! You're no different than a cold rock!" As the man cries, a brolic demon rapidly dashes from a bush with a lust to devour the dangling bait.

As the demon charges towards the bait, it snaps through a tripwire that unveils a massive log immersed in a purple dress made out of Wisteria flowers. The log engages with the demon as if it were it's fiancé, pinning it against another tree.

The demon violently screams out at the woman, "You COWARD! You fucking coward!!! You set a trap?! Come here and I'll kill you!" The woman takes unsure gentle steps towards the demon with blade in hand.

This changes the demon's attitude as it begins to drop it's primal act and begins crying, "Please no! I'm not ready to go! This shouldn't be happening to me... I'll haunt you! I swear I fucking will! Spare me and I won't bother anyone anymore!"

The huntress begins speaking as she says, "I'm... I'm sorry. You know just as I do that you wouldn't be able to resist. Just like the story about the frog and scorpion. However, I will at least guide you through the lake." The regretful huntress gets in an ready athletic stance as the scorpion begs for mercy. "From your armor, I can tell you were once a samurai before this life. Out of respect, I will tell you my name before you are finally able to rest. My name is Yakmata. Now, Rest In Peace." The huntress pounces yelling "First Form: Unknown Fire!" As the blade presses against the victim's neck, the demon grins in religious relief, and feels gratefulness towards the savvy huntress.