𝟒 || 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐔𝐍𝐀 𝐓𝐄𝐒𝐓

━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━

July, 1985

AMAYA SAT DOWN on the closed toilet seat as Mike took out his first-aid kit, in order to fix the loose bandage on her foot.

Once mike got the kit he kneeled down in front of her again. "It still hurts a lot right?" He questions her as he opens the first aid looking for the bandages and cream.

Amaya nodded leaning on her hand. "Like i said, I can barely walk." She answered as she watched the boy took out a huge roll of thick bandages.

Amaya winced as Mike started unraveling the one on her leg and almost fainted at the sight of her leg. "Was it- was it like this uh.. before?" He asked.

Amaya looked down at the rash that now had dark veins on it, some sort of goo was dripping from it and it was beating like a pulse. She nearly screamed but held it in.

"No." She answered quietly looking away from her horrid looking leg. "Alright, this might sting okay?"

Amaya nodded and watched Mike put on a glove pump some clear liquid in his gloved hand. He then proceeded to spread it around on her leg, which stung. A lot.

The girl groaned in pain. Mike then went on to clean it up with a paper towel and rubbed some cream over her leg again.

The boy then grabbed the bandage roller and raveled
it around her leg 4 and a huge times before sealing it tightly. "That should do." Mike got up tossing the glove into the bin.

Amaya nodded and looked at her newly bandaided leg. "Thanks Mike."

"No problem.." Mike turned around and saw that the girl had her head hung low. He could tell that something else was bothering her.

"Hey."

Amaya looked up at him. "You okay?" She hesitated but nodded. "Just lightheaded." Amaya lied and tried standing up making mike immediately rush at her side catching her.

"Woah there! You can't walk properly just yet" he chuckled as the girl playfully rolled her eyes. "I'm used to walking." She answered as she placed her arm around Mikes shoulder.

"Come on, let's get back to the re-" Amaya got cut off by the boy. "I know there's something bothering you."

Amaya froze and looked forward. "Is it will? Is it what he said?" Mike questioned. Amaya stayed quiet for a minute before nodding.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"Maybe some other time, Mike." Mike nodded understandingly and helped the young girl out of the bathroom and downstairs to the basement.