10. Pianist fingers

Despite the cold winter weather, the sun was shining in the sky, birds were singing and clouds were looking exactly like whipped cream. It was almost lunch time but both of them were still immersed in a deep sleep; the previous night had been really long and intense.

Around 11:45 am, a noisy car passed in front of the window of Mia's bedroom, waking them up. The first one who opened his eyes was Reg. He found himself completely and pleasantly invaded by Mia, who was quietly laying on his chest, with one of her legs around his waist. The best good morning he has ever had. A few seconds later, a flash crossed his mind: "We kissed".

A swarm of butterflies invaded his stomach and an obtrusive smile appeared on his face. In that exact moment, she woke up, scratching her sleepy brown eyes. It took her a while to realize where she was and, when she raised her gaze and saw the chin of his friend, everything was clear.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry ..." she panicked, getting off of him.

"Sorry about what?"

"Didn't I sleep on you all night?"

"I don't know, probably ... I was sleeping too. But, even if you did, I don't mind"

She was unconsciously looking at his mouth while he was talking and something came up in her mind, like a deja vu. A sweet perfume, rough skin, a warm breath. Her eyes went wide open as a wave of pure awareness swept over her. Her lips on his neck, her hands on his face, those confessions, those words, that kiss.

"I- I really need a shower ..." she knew that something happened, she knew that something intimate happened but she couldn't recall all the details. Hot water would have definitely helped her to connect the remaining dots.

Reg wasn't sure if she remembered what had happened; she was very sick and confused. He wanted to talk to her but she immediately stole that opportunity from his hands when she left the room in a hurry.

The shower was on, the noise of the water crashing on the pottery floor was filling the entire house. There was peace, Reg was humming in front of the cooking top, making something nice for lunch, when a round and muffled sound broke the quiet atmosphere.

"Mia? Is everything alright in there?" he asked, since the noise came from the bathroom, where Mia was taking a shower.

"Mia?" he repeated once he got closer to the room.

"Mia?! You are worrying me!" he said, knocking on the door.

She didn't answer. He knew that something was wrong, he could feel it, so he entered warily, covering his eyes in case she was naked.

"Mia? Are you okay?"

The water was still running but no answer came out of her mouth so he opened his eyes and noticed that the blurred silhouette of her body behind the curtain was laying on the floor.

"Oh my God, Mia!"

He didn't hesitate, he turned off the water and covered her naked body with a bathrobe. Then he gently slapped her cheeks, trying to bring her in her senses, until she finally opened her eyes.

"Oh, thank God" he sighed, starting to breathe again, "Come here" he added, lifting her up.

Once she was in her room, he managed to dry her with a towel and take some clothes from the drawer. He gave her a little privacy to change herself, then started to dry her hair.

"I can do it myself" she affirmed with a shaky voice.

"You're too weak. Now turn around and let me do it for you" he ordered, since he cared too much.