For You | chapter 16

"pass it to dd i know he gone shoot"

DDs pov
"run me my money" mel said throwing the ball up and catching it as her chest heaved up and down as she caught her breath. she licked her dry lips and kept breathing hard.

ain't no way i just lost.  she was way better than i thought. "cmon stink gimme my money" she repeated placing her hand out signaling me to give her money . i shook my head grinning to myself as i pulled a bill out my pocket handing it to her.

"so i'm guessing i can't take you on a date then?" i asked as we started walking back towards her crib. "well maybe if you asked properly and not including it in a bet you was obviously gonna loose" she said smirking. this mothafucka cocky.

"okay okay how bout this. will you go on a date with me?" i asked. "what you got in mind? cause i don't do that sappy cute shit it cringes" she demonstrated her cringing face.

"i don't know i never took a girl on a date before shordy" i shrugged. which was true i mean i do talking stages maybe a link to meet the person but a date was new to me.

"what about the skating rink?" she suggested. "yeah ma i like that. friday night?" i asked. she blushed looking down at the ball in her hands as we got closer.

"yeah" she said above a whisper. " good" i said as we stopped infront of her apartments. she gave me a side hug "thanks for being ass at basketball" she gave me a salute before turning around and walking away.

i chuckled as i dropped my head. this girl.

"a date?!" notti asked

"a date?!" notti asked. no notti screamed. "yeah i asked her today" i said getting jittery inside. i ain't show it though.

"fina-fucking-ly i thought i was gonna get old before yall went on a date" he threw his hands up. this nigga more excited than me what the hell?

"yeah" i said bluntly trying not to get my hopes up. "so that's where you been this whole time" ddot asked.

"yeah we played 1 v 1 in bball, she good" he answered scrolling through my phone. "so in other words-" notti said "you lost" ddot finished.

yo wassup with these two finishing each other sentences that's weird.  "yes i lost" i huffed. not caring what they was saying. they always trynna ride when it comes to melody i just learned to keep my mouth closed.

the constant back and forth arguments that was going on between me and the two of them was getting old. "imagine" notti laughed and i shrugged.

i was to busy thinking about my date with melody. i hope everything go alright cause i think imma ask her to be my girlfriends if it go right.

 i hope everything go alright cause i think imma ask her to be my girlfriends if it go right

Melodys pov

"do i look pretty" i asked smiling at my brother. "always" he patted my shoulder.

i chose the skating rink because i knew i could wear street wear and not have to dress and fancy and shit.

i had on a grey gallery dept t shirt with black wording, with black cargos, and grey and white jordan 1's. i love jordan's i wanna be jordan's.

"you know you got your drip from me right" he laughed playfully. "most def baby big brother" i laughed with him.

"so how you feelin? nervous?" e asked weirdly. "i could ask you the same thing" i said noticing his nervous state. he probably just doesn't want a repeat of tae.

me and dd have been going slower now though. i applied lip gloss and put on my half frame glasses to make me look more cute. i'm not blind glasses just fit me.

"if anything go wrong just call me, you on two strikes remember?" e reminded me. i've been trynna lay off the trouble because i know he's gonna feel guilty if i go to juvie.

"i promise" i nodded before smoothing out my clothes. "wanna take my pictures?" i asked give a pleading smile.

"take them at the skating rink the lighting is fire" he suggested which meant dd would have to take them. i don't know about that i get camera shy with people who aren't my brother basically.

"just take a few here just in case i don't" i said pleading with my eyes now. "okay" he asnwered. i handed my phone to him.

"okay so imma pose and you just spam the button." i explained. "you say this everytime just get to posing" he said as he started snapping.

i just did all type of movements cause doing one pose at a time ain't gone work. "alright i'm done" i said but he kept spamming.

"lijah stopppp" i smiled nervously. "off guards are the best ones" he shrugged handing me my phone.

dd🖕🏾🫵🏾🥷🏾

i'm outside

k

i should really change his contact name. maybe if i like how tonight goes i'll change it to something sweet. he gotta earn it though.

"he here, love you my heart" i said to e as we did our handshake we recently made up. "love" he said while i was leaving and closing the door behind me.

the closer to downstairs i got the more my stomach started feeling weird. i couldn't move the smile that was sitting on my face.

i saw him when i walked out the dirty ass elevator. he planted a smile on his face , his beautiful smile, before saying "you look beautiful" .

" i always dress like this" i rolled my eyes. "damn way to ruin it" he joked. "how we getting there" i asked turning my head towards him.

i ain't mind walking but he did offer. "well since i'm 16 and ain't got my license yet because i haven't had my permit for a year, my brother letting me drive but he gotta sit in the back seat" he shrugged. okayyy he followin the law, you sure this the real david?

"that's okay with you right" he reassured.  "yeah as long as we get there and back, ion judge" i said without a second thought. i'm not that type of person.

i walked to the passenger side putting my handle to open the door. "aht" he objected and opened the door and closed it once i got in.

while he walked around the car i spoke. it's rude not to speak considering the circumstances. "hey star" i smiled at him as dd got in the car.

"what's up mel mel, how you been" he asked. "i'm good how bout you? making music?" i asked. "always" he smiled.

then dd started the car.