001 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐛𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐟𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐭

" you lookin' like this talkin' turnin' you on "mad at me - kiana ledé

mad at me - kiana ledé

#!warnings : foul language, mentions of sex, alcohol use
wc : 1.5k
chapter notes : kairo will come off kinda socially awkward and sliiiiightly unaware

──────────────────────────────

              THERE WERE A LOT of things aomine hated and even more people he despised. many wondered how he got to be so grumpy, and how it hadn't put his career at risk. but he found mentally listing all his dislikes helped suppress his outbursts, especially when someone was ticking him off. and right then that oh so lucky person was the balding, sweaty reporter standing in the middle of the room crowded with other journalists.

"what do you do when you get home from games?" the man had asked, annoyingly nervous as he fiddled with his press pass.

it was then that aomine really considered if he would rather stay seated and receive more stupid questions, or get hit with a fine from the comfort of his home for refusing to talk to press. content with the latter, aomine slumped in his chair and shoved his hands into his pockets. just as he fixed his mouth to demean the reporter, his eyes caught the sight of his publicist and agent. the way her eyes narrowed and her form stiffened to cross her arms over her chest made him second guess his first thought.

moza, despite knowing her since he first arrived in america, still managed to put the fear of god in him. her threats were chillingly horrific and though he was sure she would never use violence, he'd rather not find out. plus, she'd make his life a living hell by arranging several public appearances and pretending she was simply doing her job.

so he straightened up and bore his eyes at the reporter as he answered his question. all the while he was mentally listing all the things he despised about the man, from the scarce amount of hair on his head to his unbelievably small fingers. this helped as well, he found. so aomine picked apart every feature of anyone who raised a question until he found what he disliked most about them. then he'd zero his eyes in on them, squinting at the flaw until they noticed and quieted down, allowing him to move on quicker.

before long, he was able to leave at moza's okay. without another thought, he was getting off his seat and taking long strides towards the door. his glare at his agent was met with a closed-eyed smile.

"you did great!" she chirped. "keep dodging those fines and-"

"okay, mo. i get it," he drawled as she led them down the several halls out of the stadium. "what do i have to do next?"

"just that afterparty," she shrugged much to his annoyance.

a small growl sounded as his response though it didn't seem to phase moza very much. and why would it when she simply scampered off with his best friend and teammate, while he remained in their vip section in a much too crowded club? aomine was well aware that by the end of the night he'd be just as bored but he'd be leaving with one of the many women crowding the section — or perhaps more than one.