The boy with the red shirt and blue sleeves

This was written late and was for school but who cares I wanted to share it.

Every time Emma would walk to school there'd be a boy who passes her, seemingly heading in the same direction. She could never tell where this boy came from and where he goes. He does not live on her street nor does he go to her school. In making sure of this she made friends with all the kids on the street, or to at least meet them once. And there's no way he can go to her school. It is rather a small school. Everyone knows everyone. So she would have known him, or of him. Right?
The boy wears the same red shirt with blue sleeves and jeans every day, or at least every time she sees him. The same time every day. He is never late. Sometimes Emma hollers at him trying to speak to him or just get him to look at her. Of course he ignores her every day and every time. She never thought anything of it at first. Emma used things to reason with this like perhaps sometimes someone owns more than one pair of something, alongside wash it that night wear it the next. And perhaps the boy doesn't like talking much? Who can blame him. But of course the curious girl just couldn't believe herself.

This curiosity lead her to get her friend involved. But you do know how the saying goes curiosity kills the cat.

In order for her friend to properly see this for her own eyes she had her friend spend the night over then to walk to school together Monday. Great plan isn't it?

Once it was the morning Emma rushed her friend to get ready. She was excited to go on this mystery solving journey with her friend like in the shows on tv. Or something like that.

"Come on! Lets go he's going to walk through soon! You can't miss this." The excited girl hollered up the stairs to her friend.

"I said I was coming down! You really are impatient aren't you." The annoyed friend responded running down the stairs slipping only a little.

"Its 7:02 He goes by the house at 7:06. I have a right to rush you Kathrine." Emma responded holding in a laugh.

7:03. The time starts to pass slowly as Emma waits with anticipation for her friend to finally see who this is. Maybe even identify him. Although it would leave the investigation a bust but would leave her no longer wondering.

7:04. Kathrine slides over next to Emma on the seat so they can both put on the shoes to walk to school after of course. Emma can't help but stare at the time.

7:05. Emma quickly gets up dragging her friend with her. As the sound of footsteps begins to enter Emma's ear. It must be the boy.

7:06. The boy enters into the sight of the two kids. Well that's what Emma thought. The boy walked by as Emma watched.

"Creepy isn't it?" Emma asked her friend only to be met an unexpected answer the following reply.

"I didn't see him though?" Kathrine replied to her friend confused.

"Ha ha. Funny. Now come on it was weird feeling though as he walked by. Wayyyyy worse than normal." Emma spoke rolling her eyes not feeling quite pleased with her friend's small prank.

"I'm not joking. I didn't see him." Kathrine spoke denying the accusation from her friend.

"Okay so if you 'didn't' see him. Then what? Do you think I'm lying or something because I know very well what I saw." The once excited girl asked growing slightly annoyed with her friend.

"I mean kind of. It's not one of your best pranks though, kind of a waste of a sleep over don't you think for one prank? And to go on for weeks about 'him' as well." Kathrine answered starting to walk to school.

"Really? You really think this was a prank? I saw him then and now Kat." Emma persisted upset.

"You can drop the prank now you know? A creepy guy walking past your house every day? It's a bad prank that failed." Kathrine responded as the tension between the two grew.

"That's it I'm walking on the other side of the street! I can't deal with you right now." Emma hollered as she crosses over.

"Fine!" Kathrine yelled back.

"Fine!" Emma yelled finishing the small argument.

After Emma got the last word the two girls marched off checking to see if the other is still nearby or ahead of themself trying to beat the other to school. During school the pair refused to speak unless absolutely needed. Typically for group work. Emma felt desperate to prove her friend wrong and herself right. So much so she will do something she will later regret.

On her way home that day she encountered something that had never happened before. The boy was there. Crossing her path. As he walked by her Emma was suddenly given an idea to solve her curiosity and prove her friend wrong. She'd follow the boy and see where he goes every night then take her there. Easy and simple right?

Emma followed the boy trying to be sneaky. Although he never really looked behind him anyways so what does it matter to her.

The path he took was leading to the towns boarder. Although Emma still followed. Knowing she was supposed to be home she followed. Even though her gut told her no, she still followed. Until the boy stopped in front of a small old house. He didn't go in. Emma felt a pit in her stomach knowing she was caught. The boy had yet to turn around to face her.

"Well since you came all this way you might as well get a drink before you come home Emma." The boy spoke. That's when Emma knew her mistake as she started to back up. It was too late now though.

Emma was never seen again. Her idea worked though. She solved her questions and proved her friend wrong. Even if Emma was never seen again the "boy" was a year later. How else would Kathrine know she was wrong all along.