For You | chapter 17

"now i'm hurtin i'm sad and alone"

DD's pov

"im telling you now i don't know how to skate that good so don't be laughing at me" mel warned me.

"it's good you can hold on to me" i nodded scanning the rink. i was seeing if i knew anyone here, always gotta be aware of my surroundings. i'll be dammed if im caught lackin.

"come on" she tapped my shoulder walking towards the skates to get a pair. i hate wearin they skates i could catch anything. so i made sure to wear my white ankle nike socks.

just to make sure my skin don't touch the skates. im a nigga but i got priorities too, and catching toe fungus from used skates ain't on my list.

we told the lady our side skates and traded our shoes for them. "you see anybody here you know" i asked her. she raised her head looking around the room.

"nah, not that i can think of. that don't mean nobody won't know me though" she pointed out. "same. so don't go to conclusions, that happens way too many times in my day" i chuckled under my breath.

"boy you just turned 16" she lightly shoved me and we sat down to put our skates on. "a lot can happen in 16 years" i playfully rolled my eyes.

surprisingly it wasn't as awkward as i imagined it to be. once i was finished i looked at mel who was biting the inside of her lip. "yo dd can you fix my laces" she asked.

"yeah" i bent down. they was tangled doin all type of stuff towards the top so i had to unlace them, then relace them so they could tie and work functionally. notti taught me that one time.

sometimes i think he's the big brother. let's face it the nigga more mature than me. no shame though.

"alright there" i said lowly standing up looking at my master piece work on her skates. "thanks, now you gotta help me skate. and so help me god if i fall you goin down with me so think wisely" she laughed.

"you got me" i motion fake surrendering. "come on, cause imma wanna eat in a lil bit" she said and i grabbed her hand dragging her with me to the floor.

"aight just hold my hand and if you feel like you gone fall grab my arm okay?" i stated as we started skating. "alright" she nodded interlocking her fingers with mine.

my heart started pumping. it felt like it was gonna beat out my chest. we holding hands. the interlocked finger handholding too.

she wasn't even that bad she just stumbled a little bit , everybody stumbles. "you not as bad as you made it seem" i said over the music looking over to her.

"i swear last time i was worst than this" she said as people skated passed us. i looked down at our hands and she let go.

"is my palm sweaty ? sorry i'm nervous" she wiped her hands on her pants and i grabbed her hand back looking crazy from the lack of warmth my hands had.

"your hand isn't sweaty shordy" i smiled. oh hell i'm getting sappy. this ain't normal. god help me i think i'm sick.

love sick

shut up brain. damn you making shit way worse.

she blushed looking down. "yo why you always looking down" i asked raising my eyebrow. "i'm not good with eye contact it's hard and i have anxiety" she admitted.

"oh foreal my older brother has anxiety"
i said. i learn new things about this girl everyday. just when you think there's nothing else you can learn bout her,
boom.

"i'm trynna get a churro" i played with my curls with the hand the mel didn't have. "wanna go now?" she asked.

"yeah come on" i said leading her off the skate floor. "you want something?" i asked as we walked over to the line and she shrugged.

see i've been studying my sister and other girls right. so get this, shy girls when they want something they won't say it and just take your food. see me? i'm not sharing my churro. ion play bout my churro.

"you can tell me" i encouraged her. "i'll pay for my own food" she said. "why would you pay if i offered to take you out" i raised my eyebrow.

"i don't like spending people money. remember that time we met and ddot payed for my snacks? i payed him back a day later cause it was on my conscious" she admitted.

that's crazy i never knew she payed him back. "are we forgetting you got me this?" i pointed to my chain "and this" i pointed to my watch.

"cmon mel just let me pay" i bit the inside of my lip. never thought i would beg to pay for someone but here we go ..."pleaseeeeeeeeeee" i drug out.

"fine bro" she laughed at me "i want nachos" she pointed to it on the menu. "say no more" i nodded as we moved up in line to the stand.

i order two churro's cause they slap, and i ordered mel's nachos. i payed then we stood to the side til they gave us our food. we went and sat down at one of the few tables that was available.

i took a bite out my churro and looked over at mel who was eating some good ass looking nachos. "can i get one" i asked. she nodded pushing them towards me.

"you got to feed it to me" i smirked. "bro i said no sappy shit" she stale faced me. "this ain't sappy, my hands full" i lied.

she looked down at my empty hands and smacked her teeth. she took a chip dipping it in the cheese before scrunching her face and feeding it to me.

"damn that shit good" i nodded as i ate it. "boy finish your food before speaking" she playfully rolled her eyes.

"my fault" i said once i swallowed the food then picked up my churros biting off another piece. "break me off a piece from the bottom" she pointed at my churro.

i really don't wanna share it...but she shared with me so what ever. "bro just bite it" i said not feeling like doing all that extra shit. if it was someone else i would be quick to say hell no.

considering mel ain't like that i trust it. im not assuming either she really isn't like that. "flip it so i can bite it" she said. "just take a bite from right here and don't be trynna swallow it whole just cause you wanna be greedy" i pointed at the top.

"not too much" she rolled her eyes. she took it biting it off then gave it back. "so when you turn 16" i asked her. "next month" she replied eating another nacho. "so what you is a Sagittarius or capricorn" i asked.

she a sag i'm callin it now.

"sag" she answered as she pulled her phone out. i knew it bro. "damn so we like a month apart" i said. "duh nigga your brain okay in there" she knocked on my head.

"shut up" i mumbled smacking my teeth. "so who yo favorite rapper" i asked her making small talk. "ion know i listen to a lil bit of everyone maybe nardo" she shrugged.

continued next chapter....

i feel like dates are so cringy and i'm not a lovey dovey person so bare w me i'm sorry i made they date at a skating rink but they still kids let em be kids🥲