Drowning of fear

Fun fact: did you know that these jellyfishes are actually "Kurage-No-Hinotama" also known as Japanese will o wisps, and fire jellyfishes

These Jellyfishes are considered as a japanese folk-lore or urban legend.

________

Story/origin:

 Beautiful but deadly land jellyfish monsters that hover though the swampy air and which lure curious creatures towards a slow and painful end.

Their long glowing tentacles burn with burning toxic which disable much resistance because it hurts so much.
They are often farmed by Black Annis hags and used to keep interlopers from her environment like a living bear-trap, other Annis Hags use them to lure curious creatures towards their area, the screams of pain are enough to alarm the cruel hags.

How these jellyfish came to live on land is a mystery, but it is a possibility these aberrations are actually creations of some long-lost deity or God that just wanted to be inventive and bring the beauty of the jellyfish to land-dwellers, with fatal results.

Some Kurage-no-Hinotama (or Fire Jellyfish) are found underground, lighting up the caves with their beautiful haunting lights and fire. Juvenile Kurage’s hunt in groups, they swarm over their prey and stun/kill it with their many poisonous tentacles.

(This story or info isn't mine. It belongs "myth-lord" in tumblr)
________