Invisible things

A/N: I haven't been able to access this app in almost a week. To celebrate finally being able to open it here's another story based off a song. I definitely did not proof read! Any feedback or requests are appreciated. I have some exciting works planned so hopefully I can work out a plan to post them soon!!

Do you still remember
The way that we felt when we were kids?
Wonder if that place still exists, mmm

"Nina?"

"Ricky?!"

The two childhood friends looked at each other with similar shocked expressions. Out of all the people you could bump into at a supermarket in Chicago, each other was not who they thought they would. What was even more shocking was what both had in their carts or rather who.

"Who's this cutie?" Nini asked

Ricky gave out a prideful smile and introduces his sleeping girl, "This is Rose, she's about to be two. Who's this?" He nods his head towards the sleeping girl in her cart.

She smiles, "This is Violet, she just turned two"

He chuckles at that, "Our beautiful little flowers."

Nini blushes a bit, "It seems so. Are you here alone or...?"

"Yes, it's just the two of us." The look he gives her insinuates it's only the two of them; she also spots no ring on his left hand confirming her theory.

"It's just the two of us too. We moved into the neighborhood last month."

"Oh, wow! Well then we have to catch up and schedule something for the girls to meet properly. What's it been? Almost 10 years?"

"Almost I think and I'd love to catch up and have a play date for the girls. Maybe dinner or you can introduce us to Rose's favorite park— Violet loves them."

Ricky brightens at that as Rose was the exact same, "I know just the park then, we can grab some food there too. How's this Saturday sound?"

"Sounds perfect, here..." she gives him her phone "...put your number in and we can set everything up."

They say their goodbyes and make it home to put their girls to bed. Both can't believe the unexpected turn their Wednesday took. They had been the closest friends until high school, but both college and their careers took them across the country from each other. When Ricky's dad moved to Chicago a year after he graduated high school, he had no reason to go back to Salt Lake so they just kind of lost touch.

——————————————————

We lived for the moment
And few words are stranger to our lips
I wonder if that place still exists

Saturday

"Yo Nini." Ricky calls as he walks down the small hill with Rose in his arms.

Nini turns and grins "Haven't heard that name in a while."

He blushes, "Do you mind it? It's a bit of a habit."

"Of course I don't." shifting her eyes to the now awake girl in his arms.

"Good. And this is my sweet girl Rose. Rose, this is daddy's friend he told you about. What do we say to new friends sweetheart?"

"Hi, my name's Rose" she let out sweetly

Nini gave her a smile too and said "Hi Rose, it's very nice to meet you. Your daddy here has told me so much about you." She was shocked when the little girl also gave her a hug right after, but she embraced her comfortably.