Hospitals

Matt's POV

"Bug, stop touching your IV you're gonna rip it out"

"It's itchy"- "hey you gave me quite a scare there" the nurse says walking in with y/n's chart

"I'm sorry...I'm really bad at taking care of my sugars"

"Hopefully we won't have to worry about that anymore"

"A few years ago the FDA approved a new technology for diabetes and luckily you're one of the ones who get to have one of these"

The nurse walked over to a cabinet and pulled out a box

She walked up to y/n and started explaining how it works

"So basically all you have to do is three times a day at 3, 6 and 9 is check your sugars and if it's 6.8 and above you're okay but if it's 6.7 and below you NEED to eat a sugar tablet. Which I will also give you. A bottle has about 90 tablets so you should get a new one every 2 months if you need it before then that's okay"

"Sorry, I'm rambling"

"No no it's okay you're the doctor" y/n said following the girl in front of hers every move.

"Okay well I'm going to set the times that you have to check your sugars so you don't forget. It will send vibrations through your body every 10 seconds until you turn it off- so there's no way you can forget"

"Awesome, that'll come in great handy"

"Okay, well I'm going to go set this up and finish your paperwork. You should be out of here by tomorrow"

"Okay. Thank you"

"My pleasure"

The nurse walked out and y/n looked at me with a smile

"I'm sorry I scared you, bug"

I leaned forward and held y/n's hand

"It's okay my love, you're okay now and that's all that matters"

She smiled at me and squeezed my hand

"Are you hungry" I asked her

"No I'm okay, I have this" she said holding up a small plastic cup of ice

I let out a little laugh "I'm gonna call Chris and Nick they've been worried sick. And I'll make them bring you soup"

"Thank you my love"

I leaned down and kissed her forehead before waking out and calling Chris

-

Your POV

Matt's outside calling his brothers and the nurse walks in right after him

"Okay y/n here's your pump. There's a little haps on the back you can put it on your pants or hold it. And these are patches you can put them on when you want to go outside, you can bring your pump but these are less confusing- just put them on and push down till you hear a click and you're good for 5-6 hours. You'll know when it's out when the middle of the patch turns a light grey colour, that's when you need to switch over to your pump. You can use the pump for good if you'd like but these patches are mainly for your convenience, when you go swimming or outside and it's cold the patch will be fine under your clothes but the pump could be a little uncomfortable"

"Woah...that's a lot"

"I know hun but it could just save your life"

"COULD" I said starting to freak out

"that's up to you...are you going to keep track"

"Yes. Absolutely"

"Okay good"

"Here are your sugar tablets"

"Thank you so much."

"This is what I'm here for"

The nurse walked out after that and Matt walked back in

"Nick and Chris are on the way"

"Yay I missed them so much"

"Ohhh they did too. I'm surprised you didn't hear them screaming from the house"

"Ohhh that's what that was. I knew I heard something"

I knew it was stupid but Matt laughed although he tried to hide it.

-
SORRY. I'm terrible at updates. I promise I'll try harder.

Also!!! GO SHOP STURNIOLOCLOTHING