Chapter 8: Traitor

"You sure have a big head," Amaya flatly stated

✦✦✦

"Stop frowning," Amaya told Yoji as they walked on the sidewalk of the street.

"I am not frowning," the male denied, causing the girl to scoff at him.

"You totally were," she argued and shook her head. Her hand squeezed his as she looked up at him. "Are you still mad?"

"A little," he honestly told her.

"I'm sure he has a reason," Amaya said. "He can't fool me by telling you all that he was sick of hanging out with you guys."

Yoji sighed but nodded slowly. She was right. Hisao didn't sound convincing even if he was trying to.

The male pulled her closer when some random guy ran toward them and slammed a piece of paper into Yoji's chest. The couple turned to see the guy but he didn't stop running as he completely disappeared out of their sight.

"Who was that?" Amaya asked.

"I don't know," Yoji muttered and opened the piece of paper. Amaya didn't get to see it as she tried to read her boyfriend's expression.

"What is it?" the girl asked.

Yoji didn't get to answer her when someone pulled him from behind. Amaya was about to call for him when a hand covered her mouth and also pulled her.

"Well, this is an interesting night," Amaya sarcastically said. Her hands were tied behind the chair she was sitting on.

A group of men suddenly took her and Yoji to what looked like a factory. Eiji was also there and the two males were tied into a trolley.

Amaya sighed and grimaced at the boy's look. They have been beaten up again.

"Geez, we don't really get along with these types of guys," Eiji said.

"Hey, you guys are really cowards for attacking from behind," Yoji taunted.

Amaya sighed and tried to think about getting her way out.

"This isn't Hiro's order, is it?" Amaya spoke as she turned to Kenjou, a member of Nights.

"You're right, pretty lady," the boy smiled at her.

"If this was his order, Erika will surely kill him for getting me involved," Amaya muttered.

"From now, I will command the Nights," he said and kicked Yoji's trolley.