Prologue Pt.1: Adventures as a Man

Vermilion Fenrirdottir was... bored to say the very least.

Without a fight and some new entertainment, her ever immortal life had become boring to her.

Not that her baby cousin and other family members bored her, it was just an unchanging factor. Vermillion wanted some change now.

So, she decided to shapeshift into a man. She became Xavier Fenrirson.

His height was the first issue. After changing from 5'7 to 7'0, he was suddenly feared by his siblings because of his muscular figure and because he was the tallest. His father had merely snorted while his mother gazed at him with shock.

Naga had seen a new tree. She had clambered onto his shoulders to get an amazing view of the forest. Xavier had let her because he trusted his beloved cousin.

Vanessa and Jormungand watched him closely when this happened. They weren't used to a male Vermilion, so their concern as Naga's parents was warranted. Eventually, they warmed up to their tall nephew.

It was funny to Xavier because Naga was 5'11" and probably still growing at the age of 15. So more height would probably be guaranteed.

After a couple days of being home and helping his siblings get used to the new him, Xavier decided to go adventuring outside the boundaries of the place he considered home.

His family helped him pack for the trip and then sent him on his way. He was sad to leave them, but the thrill of adventure called to him, begging him to explore.

So, Xavier Fenrirson set out on his journey, curious as to what lay outside the boundaries of his home.

...

Days had gone by and Xavier was happily trekking along the forest paths. It was such a big world and he wanted to explore it all. He couldn't believe that he had never thought about adventuring before.

He had seen so many flowers near human civilization that he had never seen before. It was wonderful.

This day was no different. He had entered a town and had currently entered a flower shop. He had made himself a tad bit smaller so he didn't scare a lot of people off. Many gawked at him, but they didn't interrupt him. Perhaps that was for the best.

Inside the flower shop, he bent down to take a look at a pot of flowers. The tag below them read 'Edelweiss'. Fascinating. Just then, a store clerk came over. "Hello, sir. Are you here to buy some flowers?"

Xavier shook his head. "No, ma'am. I just came to admire them. I remember my cousin saying how pretty some types of flowers were and how their meanings jumped at her. What does the edelweiss symbolize?"

"They symbolize courage and devotion. Lovely, huh?"

"Mmm. What about the, erm, the 'purple crocus'?"

"Those flowers symbolize youthful happiness."

"What about the 'lemon balm'?"

"The lemon balm symbolizes sympathy. I think it's fitting given how it has balm in its name."

"I see. And the 'chrysanthemum'?"

"Chrysanthemums symbolize honesty. What a beautiful symbolism, no?"

"Mhm. And those?"

"Oh, the camellias? They have a beautiful message to them, "my destiny is in your hands". You give a white camellia to someone you like, a pink one to someone you miss, and a red one to a significant other."

"Ah, how beautiful. I notice there are many different colored roses. Care to explain what each one means?"

"Gladly! Red roses symbolize love and desire. They're very popular come Valentine's Day! Red and white roses together symbolize unity. Green roses symbolize a constant rejuvenation if spirit. Dark pink roses symbolize gratitude and appreciation. Burgundy roses symbolize unconscious beauty. Dark purple roses symbolize royalty. Lavender roses symbolize love at first sight. Cream colored roses symbolize charm and thoughtfulness. Salmon roses symbolize excitement and enthusiasm. Orange, enthusiasm and passion. Blue roses symbolize mystery and intrigue. Pink roses symbolize grace and elegance. Finally, white roses symbolize a heart unacquainted with love."