Chapter 1: This is Berk

This story was originally on FanFiction.Net. The full details about this story are in the first chapter but what I can tell you is this: Hiccup Horrendous Haddock has never been an angry or foul mouthed dragon rider than here, it may be one of those stories of where he turns his back on the Isle of Berk because he's been treated like mound of yak shit; but I put my own spin on this and it's pretty reasonable as you're going to see. What started out as a story based on "Protection of the Nightfury" by the author of whom is called EmeraldNecko has started to become a whole series as there's a time skip in this, I've decided to fill in the gaps about what you didn't see and therefore it's necessary to connect the pieces and understand what kind of lore I've written here. One last thing I can tell you is to expect that this is gonna be one of those "Early Installment Weirdness" stories as the chapters that're ported later to this sight is not a reflection of my now developed writing style, these chapters will be updated when I got the time. With no further ado, I give you my first story that I ever written here on AO3

(A/N: This story contains the following themes involved in this featured presentation as the first of the many stories I've ever written when I first joined the site to share my ideas, these explicit themes include blood, violence, child abuse, neglect, profanities, bullying, thoughts of suicide, a horrific punishment scene in a upcoming chapter, heated arguments between a child and his father, domestic violence if it weren't that obvious before, references from the books that I do not like reading because of how I first read the original book before quitting because I couldn't read another paragraph for how awful it was, references from episodes of the show DreamWorks Dragons: The Series as some characters will make their appearances in future chapters, references from the comics by Titan for Riders and Dark Horse for Defenders of Berk, long paragraphs going into full on specific details for the appearances of everything from people to objects, buildings to ships, weapons and crests all in the like. You know how our protagonist is not fond of killing and how he seeks to reason with Vikings to change their views on dragons, well that attribute isn't as focused on as it is like with the series and films. Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III here in this story is a lot more angry, he gets into fights with his father, he gets into brawls with his cousin, he doesn't follow orders from the superiors or elders who belittle him like a dirtbag openly, he's a foul-mouth and he's a lot more irritable or in this case easily annoyed and doesn't hesitate to kill anyone who were either trying to kill him or have done something to guarantee their deaths by his hand. Using Tommy Vercetti as the example here but even then, he's still a teenager whose afraid of his father but that's not stopping him from openly cursing him, disrespecting other Vikings or expressing hatred for a specific cousin of his that I mentioned before. He prefers to keep his position as a blacksmith secretive from the knowledge of others and only Stoick, Gobber and Spitelout themselves of course know about what he really does; speaking of him he's secretly against those who hurt his nephew, acting more like a father figure than the former most would ever be. This story's based off EmeraldNecko's "Protection of the Nightfury". If you search for this now and try to look for it on her profile, you're not gonna find the original story unless you're reading it on the Internet Archive; she's been absent for a long time receiving many messages and reviews asking if she was going to continue any of her works, the reason she deleted her stories is the fact she had no access to a computer or laptop for the couple of years and combined with that, she forgot how she wanted the deleted stories to go and end. Protection of the Nightfury was the unfortunately one of the few who were deleted hence why you can read it on Internet Archive, as well as Elfpen's "Umbreytingu" which means transformation in Dragonese; with Old English used by the Anglo Saxon being the basis for the language to be exact. Who are the Anglo Saxon? They are Germanic speaking people from England, and like Elfpen pointed out in his story Vikings are Germanic speaking warriors who hated the English; linking the two languages Norse and Dragonese as the mothertongue of the Vikings and the Dragons who are at war before HTTYD began. To all those who don't like this story and were looking for something to read, here's a easy tip to follow; don't like it, don't read it. Pretty simple to understand right? I expect what you don't like about this to be constructive as I will not take negative reviews without reasoning behind them or flaming and trolling as a response. Enjoy this first chapter while you can because there's more to come soon when our hero plans to leave Berk, and let his destiny take him where the wind follows. The story's just begun here and even though that statement was true, I feel as though there would need to be a preface written beforehand so that some information I can't put into this note can be explained; as well as a reference to the note from the beginning of the original book, the first of the series. This is all I can say for now but expect there to be another note at the end, with no further delay; here we go. Enjoy)