Chapter 3

Kai's POV

4 months later

"What can you bring this firm?"

"I can tell my friends to work here too." The women in front of me answered fidgeting with her fingers.

I coughed to try to stop myself from laughing at her answer.

"Great, is there anything else you want to add?"

"I can't work in the morning I can only work for about four hours in the middle of the day." This women cannot be serious.

I stand up and reach my hand out, "I'll keep that in my mind. Thank you for coming."

She shakes my hand and I walk her out of my office. I sigh and go back to my desk and sit down.

Megan walks in a couple of seconds later and hands me papers.

"How many times do I have to tell you to knock?"

"I own the building so technically I don't have to listen to you."

If I wasn't exhausted I would have said something but I let it go.

"Do we really have to do this?" I ask Megan annoyed.

"You wanted to be CEO so deal with it."

"I can't. Did you see how bad the last one was?"

Megan and I are hiring new people for the law firm and I hate everything about it. The whole week we have just been meeting new people and today we're finally hiring lawyers.

I thought hiring accountants was bad but I spoke too soon. Hiring lawyers is definitely worst.

Megan rolls her eyes, "You'll be fine. You talk to them for like 10 minutes I'm the one that has to keep them busy out there."

I groan, "is there more of them out there?"

Megan walks towards the door of my office, "yeah like four more."

"When you get the next one you're staying in here with me."

"Put on your big boy pants and deal with it yourself Kai."

"If you talk to me like that again you're gonna be training with me tonight instead of Daniel."

"Jokes on you I'm going racing tonight." She sticks her tongue out at me.

Before I can say anything she quickly opens the door and gets out. I smile slightly. It's been nice having Megan around these last few months.

She's a quick learner and she's been training hard. She never listens to me but when we're training she's always focus. In about a month or two she has the potential to be as good as me.

I hear knocking on my door which snaps me out of my thoughts.

"Come in."

I stand up and get ready for another interview. The door to the room opens and the first thing that catches my attention is the eyes of the women that walks in. Dark brown eyes.

Megan has dark brown eyes but there's just something different about this women's eyes.

She walks in with Megan behind her.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Hazel Hamilton." She reaches her hand out and I shake it.

I gesture for her to sit down and she does.

"My secretary is gonna be overseeing everything if you don't mind."

"Not at all." She replies. This women does not even seem a little bit nervous which causes me to start the interview right away.