Chapter 1

"Destiny, table four needs a waitress." My boss Lindsey says.

"Yup I'm on it"

"Thank you"

As I  walk over to table four I smile at the big family.

"Hello, my name is Destiny and I'll be serving you for the remainder of the night. Can I start you guys out with a drink?" I say looking around at the table.

"Uh yes, thank you Destiny." The mom says.

"Can we have two lemonades and two sunset margaritas please."

"Yeah sure no problem. Is that all for now or would you like to order apps or entrees as well?" I say looking at my notepad.

"Uhmm, can we get spinach and artichoke dip too, and that'll be in for now."

"Okay great, I'll be back soon with those drinks and apps."

"Thank you."

I walk off and head to the back to make drinks and put in their order. 

I look at the clock, my shift ends in fifteen minutes. I can't be late to get home I don't want what happened before to happen again.

With the finished drinks in my hand I walk back to the table and set down their drinks. 

"Here is everyones drinks, the apps will be here soon. Are you guys ready for the entrees?"

"Yes we are. We would like two orders of chicken tenders and fries, then we would like shrimp alfredo, and chicken parmasean please."

I write down all of that on my notepad and say I'll be right back. Two minutes till be shift ends.

I give them their apps and head to tell my boss I have to go now.

"Lindsey my shift ends all you need to do is served table four their entrees."

"Alright thank you Destiney, get home safe."

"I will have a good rest of your night, Bye."

And there I am leaving the bar to head on home.

_____________________________________________

"Hello father" I say as I walk into the house.

"Hello Destiny. How was work?" My stepfather asks. I hate him so much. He's done so much damage to me after my mom died in a crash. Oh how I miss her. Sometimes I wish it was me in the crash and not her. None of this would happen if I didn't ask her to get me food on the way home. 

But like my stepfather says, I'm always the problem that has no solution.

"It was a good, a very chill night. How's the company?" I don't wanna talk to him right now. I'm tired from work and trying to be home on time.

"It's fine. You best be glad your home on time. Good job I guess." he says as he rolls his eyes and walks away.

"Is Jordan home!" I yell out to him. "No!" he yells back.

Thank flippin goodness. I hate him too, he might be blood but he's a horrible person.

I go upstairs to take my shower. I turn around to lock my bedroom door and go into my own bathroom. As I start taking off my clothes from work I let my mind wander. 

I'm just a 5'4 girl. Yes I'm also black. It definitely is not for the weak. Just last week at work I got called a very disrespectful term for black or African American people. It's not like I was mad either, my stepfather calls me that too.

I walk into my walk-in shower and let the hot water casades down my back. I wish my mom was here. I could talk to her about everything and anything. She was my savior and the person I needed.

I shake my head to get rid of any sad thoughts as I grab my lavender and vanilla bodywash. 

I need a man.

After finishing my shower I get out of the bathroom with my towel around my body. I go to grab my favorite red lingerie set. People may not see it but it helps with my confidence. I slip on my laced bra and underwear.

As I finish putting on my pink silk pajamas I walk downstairs to get a glass of water.

I peek around the corner to make sure my father isn't there. I sigh as I don't see him anywhere near. 

I go to grab a water bottle and pur it into a wine cup just to feel fancy 'cause why not.

While I'm opening the water bottle I hear the door open.

No no no, god please no. I try to rush but I hear footsteps