Chapter 1: Training

Clary Fray and her Parabatai Alec Lightwood are training together, their blades hitting each other's as they slash at each other.

"Your slow today." Alec commented as they back away from each other. Clary shrugs at him. 

"Just not feeling that great." Clary said. 

"How much sleep have you had?" He asked.

"Enough to kick your ass." Clary said with a smirk.

"Really funny, Clary." Alec said with a chuckle before jumping towards her trying to hit her with his blade, but she dodges. He sighs turning around facing her, she twirls one of her blades. 

"Really how much sleep?" Alec asked his best friend. Clary chuckles shaking her head. 

"Does it matter?" She asked as they circle each other.

"Kinda yeah." Alec said.

"I've gotten enough sleep now common; you got another round in you or are you getting tired?" Clary asked grinning at him. He comes at her swinging his blade at her, but she blocks it moving out of the way, he slashes one of his blades at Clary, but she uses her blades to block it, he smirks at her hitting her in the side with his other blade making her look down at it and sighs with a nod moving her blades using the other blade but he blocks it pushes the blades to the side staring down at her. 

"Wanna go hand to hand?"  He asked and Clary grins at him.

"About time you asked me that." Clary said and he rolls his eyes with a chuckle. They back up throwing their blades to the side. They run at each other, Clary takes Alec down easily, they both get up and start fighting again, they start throwing punches at each other but they both block and dodge.

"So, are you gonna tell me the truth?" Alec asked as he dodges a punch Clary throws at him.

"What are you talking about?" She asked as she dodges a punch. 

"You haven't slept at all in the past 3 days." Alec said as he sweeps her legs out from under her sending her onto her back. 

"Yes, I have." Clary told him standing up. He gives her a look.

"Clary, we're parabatai, I know almost everything about you." Alec said and Clary rolls her eyes grabbing him by the shoulders flipping over him yanking him down onto his back, she smirks at him before it drops when he grabs her by the ankle pulling her legs out from under her sending her onto her back. 

They get up and Clary tries to kick him, but he moves to the side, Clary sighs as they circle each other again. 

"Yeah, I haven't been sleeping, just got a lot on my mind." Clary admitted rolling out of the way when he tries to punch her.

"Got to be faster than that." Clary chuckled as her fire like hair falls into her face. They start fighting again. She punches him in the face kicking him in the sides, he grabs her leg and uses his other leg to send her onto the ground making her grunt. 

"How's that for faster?" Alec asked and Clary chuckles lifting her leg kicking him in the stomach making him stumble back, she stands up tackling him to the ground, she smirks at him before he turns the tables again. She headbutts him in the face making him groan and back away, she quickly stands up and flips him onto the ground.

"You know that you can talk to me about anything right?" Alec said as he kicks her ankle sending her down.

"Yeah." She +said.

"Then why haven't you talked to me about anything?" Alec asked as Clary grabs his arm turning it at an awkward angle pulling on it making him grunt.

"How about you stop trying to dig into my sleeping habits and focus on your fighting skills." She teased as he taps. She lets go laughing as she stands up, she holds out a hand for him to take. He grabs it and she pulls him up. 

"I kicked your ass again." She said and he rolls his eyes at her.

"Shut up, come on." He said grabbing her wrist dragging her away making her laugh as they walk away. 

~~~~~~~~

Clary walks into her room and falls face first onto the bed letting her body relax before she falls asleep. 

Isabelle Lightwood, one of Clary's best friends walks into the room to talk to her when she sees that she is asleep, she smiles lightly glad that her best friend is getting some sleep. She walks out of the room heading to the main room.

"She's asleep." She told Alec who let out a small sigh of relief.

"Good." He said.