Meeting

"I have just about had it with you Alexis!" Granite shouts angrily as he is with Alexis in Darkhaven.

"I'm sorry. I won't do it again." Alexis says as she hunkers down trying to appear submissive.

"I have given you many chances and you never listen. You continue to break our laws. It is everyone for themselves here and anyone who breaks these laws will pay." Granite says angrily.

"Please! I have nowhere else to go. I won't do it again." Alexis says pleadingly.

"Ugh. Fine. One more chance Alexis. If I see you showing kindness to anyone in Darkhaven again I will kick you out. Your brother is no longer here to protect you. Next time I won't change my mind." Granite says as he sighs.

"Yes sir. Thank you." Alexis says.

"Now beat it." Granite says as Alexis gets up and leaves.

*Timeskip*

A couple months later as Alexis is walking with a carrot she soon sees Vervain pushing Silverweed.

"Move it you!" Vervain shouts as he pushes Silverweed.

"I am doing this for my master not you Vervain." Silverweed says as he stops.

"Whatever. Wait here." vervain says as he leaves before Alexis goes over to Silverweed and places down her carrot.

"Hello." Alexis says kindly.

"Oh hello." Silverweed says.

"Are you alright?" Alexis asks curiously.

"Yes. I'm alright. You're Alexis aren't you?" Silverweed asks.

"Why yes. How'd you know?" Alexis asks curiously.

"I heard you have a reputation around here for being kind. Especially since your adoptive sibling was killed by a fox." Silverweed says.

"Oh heh. You know about that." Alexis says as she gives a sad look.

"Yes. I don't need to look into your heart to tell you have felt great pain in your life." Silverweed says.

"Yeah. Anyway you're Silverweed right?" Alexis asks.

"Yes. How long have you lived here long?" Silverweed asks.

"Since I was little." Alexis says.

"I heard you were a wolf too. What did they mean?" Silverweed asks as Alexis gives a nervous look.

"Perhaps that is a story for another time." Alexis says.

"Perhaps." Silverweed says.

"Would you like some of my carrot? You look hungry." Alexis says as she rolls her carrot over to Silverweed.

"I am. Why are you being so nice to me? Aren't you afraid of what will happen if you are caught? I'm not exactly likable anyway among others." Silverweed says as he looks down.

"Well I just don't have it in me to be cruel to others. Besides you seem different. I like that... you aren't gonna tell on me are you?" Alexis asks curiously.

"Of course not. You seem far too kind. I wouldn't do that to someone." Silverweed says as he smiles.

"You're definitely a lot kinder than many I have met Silverweed." Alexis says as she smiles.

"You as well Alexis." Silverweed says happily.

"I gotta go. It's nice to finally have a friend here in Darkhaven." Alexis says as she turns to leave.

"We're friends?" Silverweed asks as Alexis looks back at him.

"Yeah. Unless you have a problem with that and don't wanna be my friend then I understand." Alexis says as she looks down.

"Not at all. I'm glad you're my friend." Silverweed says as he smiles.

"Me too Silverweed." Alexis says happily.

"Oh wait. Your carrot." Silverweed says.

"You have it. I can live without it." Alexis says.

"No. Here. Take half of it." Silverweed says as he breaks the carrot in half and drops the other half in front of Alexis.

"Thank you Silverweed. I'll see you later." Alexis says as she picks up the piece of carrot and leaves.